Rotorfix Helicopters

Anybody have experiences with this school? The price is so cheap makes me wonder why? over just by looking at the site i get a bad vibe from it. anyone tell me why?

really? cause from my research most schools are around 300/hour

I would say $300 for R22 time is WAY overpriced and I can't think of anyone that actually lists that rate anywhere in the US?! You could expect to pay $600+/hr in the EU though!!

Where I'm at, our regular rate (not block) for R22s is $235/hr wet/dual and for R44s is $350/hr wet/dual. I think we have pretty "cheap" rates comparatively and I figure a country-wide average is around $250-$270/hr for R22s and $400+/hr for R44s. Please correct me if my data is off...

I tend to agree with "you get what you pay for" as a general life rule, but in this case for instance we have (I think!) a great product and our particular circumstances allow us to offer it at a price below average. You wouldn't find that out unless you asked around though. I know another outfit in a neighboring state that has even lower rates than us...I know them personally and they are fantastic all around. Then there are always going to be the locations that charge WAY more and have a decidedly inferior product. You have to figure out who is who and the best way is to do what you're doing....ASK AROUND!

Do your best to find current and past students because that's where you'll get the nitty gritty!

HG03 :)

edit: $250/hr wet/dual for a Schweizer is a different story, national average $300/hr...?

No experience with that school, but I know you get what you pay for...I made that mistake with Cloud 9.

Hey Im down here looking into Ocean Cloud 9 and Palm Beach Helicopters, trying to make a choice between the 3. What happened with you and Cloud 9?

im about to start training in sept. at palm beach helicopters. so i cant say anything yet about either, but here in a couple weeks when i go down there i'm going to check out cloud 9 also. but my gut feeling me is to go to palm beach mainly because i have been working on this process for over a year now and everytime i call debbie sparks is more than happy to take my call and is still excited to have me come even though i have been bugging the sh*t out of her for a year lol. so in my mind that speaks volumes.

• 2 months later...

Anybody have experiences with this school? The price is so cheap makes me wonder why? over just by looking at the site i get a bad vibe from it. anyone tell me why?

They can't make money at that rate. The average school leases their helicopters which is at least $100 per hour. Insurance should cost around $25 to $50 per hour if its any insurance that's worth a damn. Fuel should come in around $50 per hour. Throw in $25 to $50 for the instructor and if any maintenance is required, you see that there isn't a lot left over. Keep in mind that if the helicopter is owned rather than leased, an R22 for example needs to put away approx. $70 an hour in order to cover the 2200 hour overhaul. Bottom line, something doesn't make sense.

dead wrong flrotocraft1... you can make money at $200/hr... you just can't buy a new aircraft and finance it and only fly a couple hundred hours a year and pay high hangar, maintenance, fuel costs AND expect to live off one aircraft.

apiaguy,

How much you paying for fuel, insurance, hangar, maintenance, utilities, pilots, workers comp, unemployment, FICA, social security, medicade, mobile phones, cleaning supplies, credit cards, automobiles, housing, and a lot of other things I can't think of right now. All this and more must be supported by the aircraft or aircrafts. It's a tough old world out there.

Oh, I forgot about all the federal, state, and local taxes.