206 Time Building

I'm putting my feelers out. I wondering about the interest in time building in a 206 doing whatever you wanted (within reason) at about $500/hr. Date and location to be determined and I'm considering flying to various locations depending on need/demand.

Thats a great price.

I'm putting my feelers out. I wondering about the interest in time building in a 206 doing whatever you wanted (within reason) at about $500/hr. Date and location to be determined and I'm considering flying to various locations depending on need/demand.

OK, $500 an hour is a great price for a 206 to go perform some function. However, as a time builder, most people would avail themselves of several $150/hr operations, such as flying stick during some traffic reports. They come and go in LA, based on who gets the next contract.

OK, $500 an hour is a great price for a 206 to go perform some function. However, as a time builder, most people would avail themselves of several $150/hr operations, such as flying stick during some traffic reports. They come and go in LA, based on who gets the next contract.

Agreed.

I would personally, however, rather have a helicopter delivered to an airport in my neck of the woods and do actual flight training instead of watching traffic jams. Sure, it costs a few dollars more (somewhere in the neighborhood of a R44) but I feel that I would gain more benefit. I guess it all comes down to what a person wants to get out of the whole deal. Numbers in a logbook or proficiency in operating the aircraft.

They both have their ups and downs.

150/hr an hour flying traffic really can't be beat, but like Pohi pointed out, you are flying for someone that is going to direct the operation. My goal is to provide as much freedom as possible. I would feel much better knowing I have 5 hours in a 206 doing emergency procedures rather than 5 hours of orbits or straight and level. It all comes down to what the customer is looking for. I appreciate the feedback. Keep it going please, it will really help me out.

ThatTurbineGuy, are you CFI? How much turbine instruction have you given in the B206? Have you been thru Bell School on the 206? Do you teach the factory course? Do you teach RR250 Turbine course? Please tell us your capabilities and approach to turbine training. Maybe many will be interested after some questions are answered, Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your input. MikeMV, I am a CFI and at the moment, I haven't taught in the 206. I decided to go another route with my purchase so good luck to you all.

So, back to doing orbits over traffic jams in LA. I keep getting PM's from guys that want to come out and do it. Just to let you know, while contracts have moved around some, Commander Chuck in LA is still advertising some cheap time in a 206. I have never met the man, but he's been around LA for a very long time.

Goldy