Schweizer Time

Anyone have a Schweizer available near Tucson? I would like to get better at manual throttle control and the R-22's correlator works too well at keeping the RPM close with the governer off.

I'll consider anything up to a days drive from here...LA and San Diego is Ok but Denver is too far. Anything in Phoenix?

Jerry

If you like working the throttle, you should check out an Enstrom. The one I flew didn't even have a correlator.

The instructor had me rolling the throttle first, then adjusting the rpm with the collective (just the opposite of how they had me fly the S300). It took some getting use to, but it was kind of cool learning a different way to fly. ;)

Which helicopter needs the most throttle work? The Enstrom without the correlator?

So Goldy (or anyone) where can I find a Bell 47?

I plan on flying sometime in the next 10 days.

Jerry

Which helicopter needs the most throttle work? The Enstrom without the correlator?

So Goldy (or anyone) where can I find a Bell 47?

I plan on flying sometime in the next 10 days.

Jerry

Any ship without a correlator, the B47 has one, but still needs some touching now and then.

Only two B47's I know still being used out here for training is TwinAir and an outfit at Chino airport.

Goldy

I did my Canadian commercial on a Bell 47 with Chinook Helicopters out of Abbotsford BC. They have 5 Bell 47 G2's aswell as 3 206's and 2 R44's.

The 47 doesn't have a correlator. It has a cam box which is usually pretty worn and doesn't behave like the correlator on a 300. You need to lead with throttle and some times it takes several handfulls if doing a quickstop or auto with power recovery. I really appreciated the stuck pedal exercises with full manual throttle after the initial terror wore off.

Fly the 47 it's a legend!

The 47 doesn't have a correlator. It has a cam box Fly the 47 it's a legend!

Hey Eric ! So what do you call it if its not a correlator? I have never heard it referred to as a "cam box" although I'm sure thats what its called in a maintenance manual. I could be mistaken, but I thought the D version and earlier didnt have anything, where as the G2 has some attempt to help you!

I agree, it's a legend to fly!

Goldy

Why are you so worried about "throttle work". The 300, enstrom or 47 will give you sufficient practice to get familiar with using a throttle. Correlator or not!

Im just messin around guys. Hell, tell them I sent you too. three is better than two.

I am doing good Rick. Living back in Houston and flying in the Gulf. how about you? where are you at?

Why are you so worried about "throttle work". The 300, enstrom or 47 will give you sufficient practice to get familiar with using a throttle. Correlator or not!

I'm trying not to become a statistic. I am test flying an expermintal and it is strictly manual throttle control. I've pretty much decided on the Enstrom, can't find a F-28C so I may have to use the F-28F in Phoenix.

Jerry

Im just messin around guys. Hell, tell them I sent you too. three is better than two.

I am doing good Rick. Living back in Houston and flying in the Gulf. how about you? where are you at?

I am doing alright. Got my Helicopter ATP in Feb while in Florida. But am flying a Caravan on floats out of Long Island into New York City for the summer. The exclusion areas are no where near as bad as the uninformed make them out to be. However, as usual the FAA made matters worse in their safety improvement program.

I'm trying not to become a statistic. I am test flying an expermintal and it is strictly manual throttle control. I've pretty much decided on the Enstrom, can't find a F-28C so I may have to use the F-28F in Phoenix.

Jerry

There is a new governor out that is going on several of the kit builds. I think Rotor FX at VNY has them on a few of their builds.