WOFT Accepted!

Congrats. I don't know about that whole 295 APFT thing, cause about 10 guys in my whole company at Benning might be close....none of them are WOFT guys. There is a huge difference btwn a pencil whipped packet APFT and one you earn at 0500 on the mat.

Welcome to the party. I graduate BCT today...then its a bus to rucker.

The Major at my board said my PT score was one of the better parts of my packet.

If you knew me you would know how solid I try to keep my PT score, btw I puked 4 times during my test at the station. I earned my score. Not that puking has anything to do with earning anything but I pushed myself beyond what I normally could do.

Anyway I'll be at Rucker in early January right after exodus. You should be in flight school by then. I wish I could leave now. 52 days til BCT.

I didn't mean to insinuate that yours was fake. Its just that after the first apft here at bct all you hear is "I tested a lot higher at home"

Good luck. I graduated bct at Benning today and ship to Rucker tmw.

The way my board boiled down to it(NOT ALL BOARDS ARE THE SAME), it came down to them not looking at packets unless the PT scores were near 295 or "perfect (300)". I was told this by the Sgt.Major of my recruiting station. This was just the way they came down to their final decision from what I can discern.

Heloidaho, are you going to WOCS in mid Jan.?

Thanks everyone.

I wouldn't agree with this. I would say only about an 1/8th of the people down here at Rucker max out their PT test and that less than 1/4th have a 270 or better with a 90 in each event. While it is true that PT test can help your packet out a lot, if you have a decent packet to begin with, slightly better than average PT scores will work. Obviously aim to excell, but for board purposes, just focus on getting above a 240. Most of my friends hover around 260's or so.

WOCS you just have to get the good 'ol 180 with a 60 in each event...

Congrats. I don't know about that whole 295 APFT thing, cause about 10 guys in my whole company at Benning might be close....none of them are WOFT guys. There is a huge difference btwn a pencil whipped packet APFT and one you earn at 0500 on the mat.

Welcome to the party. I graduate BCT today...then its a bus to rucker.

Man, when did they start authorizing computer's at BCT?

• 7 months later...

A little update here, it has been quite some time now since my last post. All I really wanted to put out though was WOCS was awesome it was nothing like what anyone one said it would be like. I learned so much there and had such great experiences. The highlight of the class would be getting airlifted full combat load onto the back of a CH-47 and flown on a simulated mission to a hot lz... SO freaking awesome.... I was the historian for the class, which is the best job get it if you can, so I'll get my class video up here in a bit. Other than that I'm finally living the dream here at rucker can't wait for BOLC and SERE!

Finance Officer was the best job. Yours was good cause you could take a break while getting smoked to take pics.

Enjoy your BOLC hold. I waited 6 months. I am in my second week of BOLC now.