WOFT Accepted!

Hey everyone, I've been using this forum for probably the last 6 months and never really posted anything. But I just wanted to say thanks for the amazing resource that everyone has put together here. It definitely factored into me getting accepted. Though some topics got me a little discouraged during my application process reading about some of you people with amazing WOFT packets. I felt a little in awe being up against some of you. I got to say Lindsey you are a inspiration to me, I know you will get accepted.

One more thing whoever posted that how to do a WOFT packet post awhile back saying 18-19 year olds don't know enough or have enough to offer the army in "world experience" you drove me to succeed to prove you wrong. Thanks. I'm 19 and I'm shipping Oct. 5th to Jackson to start my career as a Army Aviator.

Well my packet was pretty basic in my opinion but here it is.

92 ASVAB 129 GT

120 AFAST

2yr degree AA

Home schooled/Dual enrolled St. petersburg College

PT 297

5 LOR's (Ret. USAF E-7, C.A.P Maj., Preacher, Professor, Chief of Police, Previous Manager) Nothing great here I don't know that many people in the Army.

15 Hours in Fixed wing, completed Ground School. I was told this did not help due to the fact that they want to retrain you in EVERYTHING to make sure you don't have any bad habits.

Cadet Maj. Civil Air Patrol USAF Aux.

Max points at battalion board.

I wrote a pretty good essay to I guess.

Other than that I'm just your Avg. Florida white kid, I don't play sports( other than paintball) I make mostly B's and A's. But I wanted this more than anything on God's green earth.

And I can not stress this enough MAX your PT!!!!! I was selected over to people with 4yr degrees in the recycle process because of my score. With the crunch the Army went through when I applied they would not look at your packet if you did not hit a 295 or higher on the test, so max that baby out. PT is EVERYTHING in the ARMY even if you want to be a pilot, It shows motivation, determination, and that you care about your physical being.

But Good luck, Don't ever give up, and pray about it. The whole recruiting office was surprised when I got picked, so don't wait just give it your best shot and throw a packet in the ring. I can say honestly because of my experience and everything I have seen in who gets picked and who gets let go that no one can say what is or is not a "good" packet it all depends on how the Army feels about you. And that is really all about how you present yourself, I told the board no lie, that I wanted this bad so I can put some terrorists in the ground and take the fight to the enemy. They want warrior's so sell yourself as one.

Thats the most I can think of right now, also make sure you have a Dedicated, motivated recruiter mine was awesome he had everything done in under 2 months, the rest of the time we just waited for the Army to catch up on letting us know. hurry up and wait.

Can't wait to be Army Strong!

Hooah!!

Well my packet was pretty basic in my opinion but here it is.

92 ASVAB 129 GT

120 AFAST

2yr degree AA

Home schooled/Dual enrolled St. petersburg College

PT 297

5 LOR's (Ret. USAF E-7, C.A.P Maj., Preacher, Professor, Chief of Police, Previous Manager) Nothing great here I don't know that many people in the Army.

15 Hours in Fixed wing, completed Ground School. I was told this did not help due to the fact that they want to retrain you in EVERYTHING to make sure you don't have any bad habits.

Cadet Maj. Civil Air Patrol USAF Aux.

Max points at battalion board.

I wrote a pretty good essay to I guess.

Other than that I'm just your Avg. Florida white kid, I don't play sports( other than paintball) I make mostly B's and A's. But I wanted this more than anything on God's green earth.

And I can not stress this enough MAX your PT!!!!! I was selected over to people with 4yr degrees in the recycle process because of my score. With the crunch the Army went through when I applied they would not look at your packet if you did not hit a 295 or higher on the test, so max that baby out. PT is EVERYTHING in the ARMY even if you want to be a pilot, It shows motivation, determination, and that you care about your physical being.

But Good luck, Don't ever give up, and pray about it. The whole recruiting office was surprised when I got picked, so don't wait just give it your best shot and throw a packet in the ring. I can say honestly because of my experience and everything I have seen in who gets picked and who gets let go that no one can say what is or is not a "good" packet it all depends on how the Army feels about you. And that is really all about how you present yourself, I told the board no lie, that I wanted this bad so I can put some terrorists in the ground and take the fight to the enemy. They want warrior's so sell yourself as one.

Thats the most I can think of right now, also make sure you have a Dedicated, motivated recruiter mine was awesome he had everything done in under 2 months, the rest of the time we just waited for the Army to catch up on letting us know. hurry up and wait.

Can't wait to be Army Strong!

Hooah!!

Curious as to who you talked to that said they didn't look at packets with PT scores less than 295?

FutureCWO,

Congratulations! That is quite the achievement. It sounds like you are on your way to a great career and you have the right attitude to serve. It is also an example for everyone that is stressing every detail about the board or how many selections there will or will not be. If you want to be an Army Aviator then push through to get it. You could have taken the comments you got before and waited to apply, but you went after your dream.

We will be at Rucker at the same time, but you're leaving way before me. Don't break the place before I get there!

-Tony

Well, how's this, kid (you are only two years younger than me :P )...

YOU are an inspiration to ME.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

The professionalism you have displayed in your few posts here tells me you will do great, and does not at all make me question why you were accepted.

Very proud, rock on!

Future CWO1;

Congratulations on your BIG accomplishment! Be safe and thank you for your service to our country. RP laugh.gif

Curious as to who you talked to that said they didn't look at packets with PT scores less than 295?

The way my board boiled down to it(NOT ALL BOARDS ARE THE SAME), it came down to them not looking at packets unless the PT scores were near 295 or "perfect (300)". I was told this by the Sgt.Major of my recruiting station. This was just the way they came down to their final decision from what I can discern.

Heloidaho, are you going to WOCS in mid Jan.?

Thanks everyone.

I'm slated to hit WOCS at the beginning of April. I'm an Army Guard guy so things are a bit different. Depending on your bubbles, you could be starting to actually fly about the time I get there. Waiting sucks, but at least it will give me an opportunity to get back into shape before WOCS.

The way my board boiled down to it(NOT ALL BOARDS ARE THE SAME), it came down to them not looking at packets unless the PT scores were near 295 or "perfect (300)". I was told this by the Sgt.Major of my recruiting station. This was just the way they came down to their final decision from what I can discern.

Thanks everyone.

Eh, well thanks for the insight. That much more motivation to get a 300.

Roger that. I've got to get my butt (and everything else) in shape!

Don't worry the altitude here will be kicking your ass. By the time you are ready to go back amoung the mortals you will be in pretty good shape. I still get winded just walking up the stairs. And I was in shape before I got here.

Don't worry the altitude here will be kicking your ass. By the time you are ready to go back amoung the mortals you will be in pretty good shape. I still get winded just walking up the stairs. And I was in shape before I got here.

I am planning lots of high-altitude trail running in my near future. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats. I don't know about that whole 295 APFT thing, cause about 10 guys in my whole company at Benning might be close....none of them are WOFT guys. There is a huge difference btwn a pencil whipped packet APFT and one you earn at 0500 on the mat.

Welcome to the party. I graduate BCT today...then its a bus to rucker.