My WOFT Progress

• 2 months later...

Can you tell me how your PRK surgery worked because im thinking about getting it and i just dont want it to end up postponing my woft packet or making me ineligible to get in. Im a senior at Purdue University and graduating this May 2012, my vision is maxed out 20/50 but i would like to get PRK just need info. thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Passed the MEPS physical but almost had a hangup issue with my BP. I'm currently sick with a flu type bug (perfect timing) and have been loading up on DayQuil and whatnot. Apparently that drove my BP up to an average of 151/98 over 3 tries. When the Doc called me back to go over my history he said it was probably the DayQuil and the illness but he rechecked it and I was good with a 128/80 and all cleared. My normal BP is around that, and was just checked last week at my docs office.

Anyways, I'm all cleared and now just waiting to go back to the hotel and do some final cramming for the AFAST. Here goes nothin!

Edit: Test is done and graded. Scored a 131! Thanks to everyone for all the resources they shared with me! You guys have sure been a huge help!

Cheers,

Matthew

Edited by AirOneMatthew
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Great scores! Your persistence has rewarded you haha. When are you going to actually submit your application?

Thanks! I'm glad I took the time to go over everything beforehand and tried to prepare myself as best as I could. I am scheduling the flight physical with my recruiter sometime this week so I'm assuming it should be in the next few weeks!

Agreed! That is the toughest part of the test. MEMORIZE that key! Also, keep your fingers crossed that you don't get impossibly unclear black and white photo copied pictures for your spacial orientation section or whatever it's called. Those should be easy money.

That's EXACTLY the test I had. The pictures were HORRIBLE.

• 1 month later...