Getting ready to graduate WOCS.

What's up guys. I need some help from those of you that graduated from WOCS.

I'm getting out of here in a couple of weeks, and need to know what to do about moving my family/stuff out here.

It is my understanding that I'm going to get these things.

1) 4 day pass upon graduation.

2) 10 days of TDY.

3) Option to take leave. I have about 15 days built up or so.

So...

I'm coming out from California. What should I start planning?

My wife will be here for the Graduation and Four day pass. We're gonna try and find a place during that time, and then head home afterwards so we can get our stuff.

Can I combine my leave and my TDY so I can take about 15-20 days straight? Leaving me with 5-10 days or so of leave left over, leaving me with ample time to get my family/stuff out here, and setup?

How do I get this done? They're saying they're not going to brief us on it for another week.

We're doing a DITY move as I don't want anyone going through our stuff, and I don't want it out of my control.

HELP!

Edited by JMcDonald

Yes, you can combine all of it together if you want. I did a DITY move as well, made a decent chunk of change. Are you wanting to live on post? I do, and I like it. Have you been looking at rent houses on the computers?

Thank you so much! That is a huge relief.

I'm gonna try and find a place to rent this weekend while I've got a decent amount of time with the computers.

People were telling me I was going to have to take my TDY, come back physicaly sign back in, take my leave, and sign back in

Edited by JMcDonald

I don't remember if you can, or not stack your PTDY and your leave. I DO know, however, that you're not supposed to "travel" on PTDY. i.e. you're not supposed to go home to pack your crap on PTDY. Of course, this could all have changed in four years.

I need to find a place to live in October time frame; I think I'm going to have to take a trip down there to do so :/

I'd recommend signing into B Co. before you take any leave. Reason being, if you are signed into B Co, you've started your bubble time. They have no issues with you taking leave right away because there's no doubt you'll be in a bubble for a month or two. At least if you take leave while at B Co. you'll be on the list to start class. I signed into B Co right after I graduated from WOCS. Started training a good 2-4 weeks ahead of others I graduated with.

• Like 1

Technically, you are not supposed to leave the Ft.Rucker area on PTDY when moving. You would have to be on leave to go back to CA and pack your things. The 10 days is for looking for and finding a new place and signing a lease. As soon as you "sign a lease" you are supposed to sign back in from PTDY. Also, your not allowed to combine leave and PTDY since they are two different forms of leave and have two different purposes.You would need to come back sign in and then back out for leave. That being said, everybody flies home on PTDY, youre just not supposed to. The movers who moved my family here to Rucker from CA were very good, nothing was lost or broken and it took a couple of weeks to get our stuff but to me it was worth waiting with minimal stuff to not pack and move after WOCS. Id rather chill after all that. I would take leave as well, after you burn the 10 days because if you dont, you will get Funeral Detail or some other detail otherwise. Those who took leave after WOCS still started BOLC at the exact same time, some took a whole 2 months off. It wont matter because they keep you in "classes." Phase 1 hold at B co. is not fun! Avoid it as much as you can.

Charyou Tree, Im moving out in mid October. Message me if you want to rent a brand new 3/2 in Enterprise. I bought when I got here but I wont be back for a couple of years so were renting. Ill hook ya up if you want.

I took some leave right out of WOCS, traveled home and picked up my vehicle and stuff, and drove down. Then once I got down here I took my PTDY and found a place to live. Easy dude and it will make a lot more sense once you get out of WOCS. I remember stressing it during the last couple weeks and it really wasn't necessary. They will come in with all the paperwork you need and it will be no big deal.

I'd recommend signing into B Co. before you take any leave. Reason being, if you are signed into B Co, you've started your bubble time. They have no issues with you taking leave right away because there's no doubt you'll be in a bubble for a month or two. At least if you take leave while at B Co. you'll be on the list to start class. I signed into B Co right after I graduated from WOCS. Started training a good 2-4 weeks ahead of others I graduated with.

IIRC we all went straight to B Co from the museum and signed into B Co as a class. Then they signed us out on leave from the classroom.

IIRC we all went straight to B Co from the museum and signed into B Co as a class. Then they signed us out on leave from the classroom.

Exactly, everythings done as a class. Nothing to worry about. Just stay on the train and ride it all the way through flight school, dont stand out or do anything to call attention to yourself.