Civ app w/rotor wing hours

I am about to submit my packet and since I have about 2 years of college, good test scores and 60 hours of helicopter flight I keep getting told my chances are pretty good of being selected primarily due to the time already spent flying helos. Obviously this is what everyone wants to hear in this process, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much, so I'm looking for some perspective; anyone who has been selected or hasn't been, what was your experience prior to submitting? Also, it goes without being said that the selection percentages vary with each USAREC WOFT board, so I'm hoping for some input beyond that. I absolutely love flying helicopters, it's the best thing I have ever done with my life and whether I'm selected or not it's what I'm going to do. Just trying to do what I love for the best reasons.

Obviously this is all based upon the assumption that the packet is submitted, which it will be in 2 weeks, so no need for any "you'll never get selected until you submit your packet" or "there are a lot of steps in this process and you're just talking about one" comments, I'm pretty aware of those things.

Nike, JUST DO IT! No one here (that I know of) sits on the selection board, and every board is different. I only know two guys who had RW time that came in lately so don't think you can slack on PT or LORs. Don't get me wrong, RW time is great but the rest of your packet needs to be as good if not better than the next guy. Get great LORs and do your best on all the tests. Don't wait because the closer you get to the new fiscal year, the more things can change.

• Like 1

Don't get too wrapped up in what other people tell you. My goal was simply to put the best packet I could together and get it in to the board. After my work was done I sent it off and went on with my life until I heard back. It's not that I wasn't excited/worried about it, it's just that it was out of my hands at that point.