Cherry Drying...

ADRidge

I'm just wondering who else on VR will be up in Wa this season for Cherries? I'll be up there starting in May or June (not sure yet) through the end of July in the Wenatchee area. My boss said there will be upwards of 200 pilots there this season, so there have to be a few of you.

Amos, the hard part will be convincing someone to let you fly for them. I almost got a contract with Flying M last year but she decided I didn't have enough hours and would be too high a risk for her. Often times you need to be able to provide a helicopter for the duration of the contract. If you have 500 hours or more, and can provide a helicopter, you might be able to work something out. That's really all the advice I can give on the subject.

Yeah, I'd certainly like to get some time in one someday just to say I have it. They're almost so ugly they're pretty.

Yeah, I'd certainly like to get some time in one someday just to say I have it. They're almost so ugly they're pretty.

No helicopter is ugly in my eyes. Okay, maybe that's not true. Either way, when you are inside a helicopter you can't tell it's ugly. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

hay I was just wondering how hard is it to get into cherry drying?

Check out the post by Larson Helicopters and his Hiller...

I will be up that way this summer flying an S-58. Im sitting in Torrance right now waiting to go to the Robinson Safety course. I will be back around the 26th of may.

I have met and talked with Warren Larson owner of Larson Helicopters. He seems to be a good guy. If you have anymore questions send me an email yzchopper@yahoo.com and I will discuss his operations with you. This does not imply any thing wrong or bad about Larson Helicopters I just prefer not to give out too much info out in public. Thanks

I'll be up there June 1. Anyone who wants to meet up, send me a PM. I'm sure we'll all be in the same general area.

I will back up there in Brewster around the 26th or 27th, but could be sooner as I maybe flying a Jetranger up to Pasco, Wa from LA when I finish the Robinson Safety Course Thursday. It's for my business partner's cherry drying contract out of the Tri-Cities. We have around 600 acres this year to dry, but the timing for me to fly the contract came about a month too late for me as I had already made these plans for Brewster. I should be there cherry drying in Pasco, Wa next year though.

ADRidge,

I will send you a PM when the time gets closer. We should be flying the 58's next week to get us trained up on the startups and shutdowns and do light maintenance runs.