Test Your Awareness

Spike

The question was, “How many “F’s” are there?” with an additional request not to post more than once or, give it away. Simple right? Obviously not…

I caught that part, but admit I read it more than once, and got 3 different answers.

Edited by gary-mike

I know by posting this that I am breaking one of said rules but I really don't care about that.

In 2005 I had the privilege of attending the U.S. Army's Special Forces Assessment and Selection course. During the 4 weeks that I was there, we were sleep deprived, driven to the point of physical and mental exhaustion and all the while had to take all of our orders from a whiteboard outside the cadre hut. If you did not follow those instructions to the letter you were gone in short order. Also, verbal instructions were to be taken literally with no reading into or adding onto. Events were designed to trick you into reading too much into the instructions. I watched quite a few individuals fall into this trap over those 4 weeks. In the end I didn't make it, in fact because I had not followed some sage advice given to me prior to the last event: "Don't take your boots off." I mucked through a swamp doing a land navigation exercise and wanted to change my socks. After 4 weeks of walking around the North Carolina countryside I had developed a minor case of trench foot and that swamp was the final straw for my abused feet. They swelled up so badly that I could not put my boots back on, and that was the end of my time at SFAS.

Moral of the story, paying attention and following instructions carefully and to the letter can save you a lot of pain and suffering and could mean the difference between you succeeding or failing.

Under that context, I think Spike is actually on to something with this post.

Which rule are you breaking? Because I didn't read a rule that said I can't post in this topic more than once. I read a rule saying I should not repost which in the internet forum glossary means to post the same thing twice. I have not posted the problem again, therefore have not reposted and have not broken the rules.

Is it weird if you only get one of the "OF's"?

at 1st try i got 3 F's,,,,,about 3rd try i got 4 F's,,,,,,,,,12th try--still 4 F's,,,,,i finally had to point and count each letter to find the other 2 "OF's"