Motivating News - USAREC

Since the September USAREC board is the last board until January there will be a very high applicant acceptance rate for the September board! (If civilian boards continue to be held I assume there will still be high acceptance rates for civilians!)

Direct from USAREC website. (Im assuming there also talking about 153A applicants for the September board?)

• 16 July 2012 - Deadline for the September board is EXTENDED to 31 August for the following MOSs: 125D, 140A, 140E, 150U, 350G, 352N, 352S, 353T, 881A, and 913A. If YOU are qualified in one of these MOS' and have the prerequisite experience, then your probability of being selected in the final board for this FY is very HIGH!

After reading it again after posting it I see your point (I got excited seeing the last sentence before really reading through it). However, this is the last board in FY 12 for 153A applicants, so I assume they will still take more applicants than the average? Then again I could just be dreaming.

Regardless the Sept board would be the last of the FY. Oct 1 starts the new FY. My hope is that since January is the first board of the FY and the first after the introduction of the SIFT that the acceptance rate will be higher. One thing that worries me is that the pool to choose from will also be bigger (ie: tougher competition). I guess we will all see in the coming months.

Where do you see that January is the first board of the FY? The FY begins in October, so wouldn't the OCT board be the first one of the new FY?

This is only for Army personal due to the SIFT being implemented on 1 October 2012. After the September board for 153A applicants, there will not be another board until January for Army applicants. Civilian boards I'm not sure about, all I know is that theres a September board. My hope is civilian boards progress as normal, and after 1 October 2012 all you will need is a qualifying SIFT score. If that happens I believe you will see at least a slight increase in civilian applicants being accepted because Army applicants will not be boarded Oct-Dec months. This is only my perspective and in no way necessarily true.

From what I understand from speaking with the Warrant Officer recruiters and my own recruiter, for civilians you have to go to the Bn boards which usually run every month. Once you pass the Bn board your package gets sent to USAREC for the main board. There they run concurrently with the active duty board but from my understanding only compete against other civilians.

I'm just hoping I can get my package complete before the Oct 1 deadline so that I don't have to worry about scheduling the SIFT. Scheduling the AFAST was nightmare enough. Problem is my recruiter just told me yesterday that the Bn boards that usually go the first week of the month is not scheduled to go in Sept yet.

From what I understand from speaking with the Warrant Officer recruiters and my own recruiter, for civilians you have to go to the Bn boards which usually run every month. Once you pass the Bn board your package gets sent to USAREC for the main board. There they run concurrently with the active duty board but from my understanding only compete against other civilians.

That is correct, except, I don't believe the civilian and army USAREC boards run the same as one another.

That is correct, except, I don't believe the civilian and army USAREC boards run the same as one another.

The only reason I'm thinking that is because my recruiter just gave me the schedule for the boards that I can try to make and the dates were the exact same as the ones listed on the website. ::shrug:: Either way, I'm trying to get my package submitted as soon as I can and I don't think I'll be making the Sept board. I guess I'll find out as soon as it gets to a USAREC board....

I have a random question: If I'm in the IRR and am going to be completely done Sept 13th where do I fall for submitting a package? Do I do the BN thing? I wish I could go to the recruiter but the office I visited in Jacksonville, NC sucked and so did the one here in California, MD. So I turn to you guys. Thanks.