WOFT, got some questions

Just some questions about WOFT. A little background. I did 9 years in the Marine Corps as a CH-53E mechanic/QA inspector. Using the GI Bill to get all my ratings(PVT - CFII), along with an AAS degree. I'll be 33 yrs old when I'm done. Is that age an issue when applying for WOFT? Another thing I think may be a game stopper, but wanted opinions from others. I received an NJP in the Marine Corps for DUI, had my day in court, reduced to careless driving, since I wasn't actually driving(long story, basically was sitting in the pass seat with the engine running to stay warm, DUI in D.C.). The rest of my service was spot free, 1st class PFT, high pro/con marks, great fit reps as an E-5. Honorable discharge. How are the odds stacked against me? Is it a feasible goal to get into the WOFT program? I can get great LORs, if it would even help.

Edited by superstallion6113

Your re-enlistment code will tell you everything you need to know......thats what they will look at on your DD214 when you try for woft.

How old are you now ? If your 33 at the time of turing in your packet, you will be good to go...otherwise youll need a waiver.

Im proir navy here and should have my packet done/turned in by Dec 1.

again, your seperation & re-enlistment/re-entry code on your DD214 will tell you everything. Look at your DD214 and then look them up online and see what it says.

Hopefully your good to go, best of luck

Gotcha. I'll check it out.

Here it is,

RE-1A reentry code(eligible for reenlistment), separation code KBK1(Voluntary discharge : end of active service date )

Yeah man..... your good to go, "eligible for reenlistment"

Dont even say anything about your NJP....they WILL NOT ask , so dont dont worry.

How old are you? why do you just try and apply now? Last year they accepted 69%....they are expanding their avation side of the army but i bet you this wont last long. take advantage

Yeah man..... your good to go, "eligible for reenlistment"

Dont even say anything about your NJP....they WILL NOT ask , so dont dont worry.

How old are you? why do you just try and apply now? Last year they accepted 69%....they are expanding their avation side of the army but i bet you this wont last long. take advantage

I could, but right now I'm over weight, but meet BF standards. I'd rather be in a situation where I'm within standards on both, just so it wouldn't be an issue. When I apply, I want to be the best possible canidate for the program that I possibly can be.

I could, but right now I'm over weight, but meet BF standards. I'd rather be in a situation where I'm within standards on both, just so it wouldn't be an issue. When I apply, I want to be the best possible canidate for the program that I possibly can be.

A lot of people are "overweight" yet meet the BF standards in the Army. If you are below like 5'8 and do any sort of weight lifting then you're likely to fall into that category. If your PT score shows that you are in shape and don't actually fail height and weight then I think your packet will be fine. I'm 5'6 170lbs and look a bit chubby until I take off my ACU top and people see the muscles from the weight lifting I do. It's always funny when I buy new uniforms because the lady there can never figure out why nothing fits fight since my thighs are huge.

It's up to you though