Friday Flight

DS_HMMR

Did an A&P with IA fill out a 337 for that camera installation? The Feds might be interested in that when they see the video.

Been there, done that.

1. Hand mount to AP

2. go to lunch

3. come back from lunch to see mount installed

4. go to AP and get my copies of the 337, and my bill.

you make it sound like its hard or something? its astonishingly easy.

• Like 4

Ehhhh, trust me; Flying a Matte Black Helo pretty much guarantees that the Feds will come by and check it out any time we hit a new airport. And, we encourage that because:

1. we are diligent about our compliance

2. its easy to be friendly when you have nothing to hide.

And like I already wrote, compliance is just too easy to try and skirt it.

• Like 1

Been there, done that.

1. Hand mount to AP

2. go to lunch

3. come back from lunch to see mount installed

4. go to AP and get my copies of the 337, and my bill.

you make it sound like its hard or something? its astonishingly easy.

Great looking AC and even better response! Love the Matte Black and always wanted to fly a B105.

• Like 1

Ehhhh, trust me; Flying a Matte Black Helo pretty much guarantees that the Feds will come by and check it out any time we hit a new airport. And, we encourage that because:

You need to get an old FLIR with no guts and mount it on the chin just for fun ! :D

You need to get an old FLIR with no guts and mount it on the chin just for fun ! :D

FP

If I put a camera in the barrel, do you think I could get a 337 for this setup?

Rheinmetall MK 20 Rh 202

20h9wm.jpg

Edited by DS_HMMR
  • Like 1

So just out of curiosity - what do you use a mattle black helo for? Sure looks like fun though!

• Like 1

No, it's not hard, but when you're dealing with the guvmint, you have to make sure the paperwork is correct. Doesn't really matter whether it's safe, you just have to get the paperwork right.

Enjoyment is different for everyone. I just don't want anyone to get into a hassle with the feds. Believe me, it's no fun, and they will hassle you over the most minute BS. Lot of people post videos without any clue as to how dangerous they can be when seen by unintended eyes. Not saying that's the case here, but it happens every day. Posting videos without thinking things through completely is a bad choice, no matter how much enjoyment it gives you and other viewers.

No, it's not hard, but when you're dealing with the guvmint, you have to make sure the paperwork is correct. Doesn't really matter whether it's safe, you just have to get the paperwork right.

Enjoyment is different for everyone. I just don't want anyone to get into a hassle with the feds. Believe me, it's no fun, and they will hassle you over the most minute BS. Lot of people post videos without any clue as to how dangerous they can be when seen by unintended eyes. Not saying that's the case here, but it happens every day. Posting videos without thinking things through completely is a bad choice, no matter how much enjoyment it gives you and other viewers.

noted and aware.

I started keeping GPS logs in 2010, of all flights with a Garmin product originally intended for use by multi-sport athletes. It provides data logging of the time, location, altitude, speed; and it auto uploads the files to my computer wirelessly in a very compact .gpx file. IF the Feds ever had questions initiated by something I uploaded, I can easily reference the file and show that I was in compliance. (distance from persons or property on the surface, etc.) Everyone realizes that cameras (still and video) can alter a viewers perspective and therefore it is easy to misjudge a situation merely by viewing a picture or video. So, its good to have your ducks in a row (vis a vis: comprehensive GPS data). My ducks are in a row.

so, Like I intimated before: I like the Feds, and the Feds like people who follow the rules. Know the rules and you don't have to worry about putting a foot wrong.

And Thanks for taking the time to raise the issue. While to some it might have just looked like a lame attempt to snipe someone for posting a video, we all realize that you're just being a good safety minded pilot, interested in keeping the industry safe.

and we appreciate that.

edited for lack of punctuation.

Edited by DS_HMMR