I just recently found out I am anemic with beta thalassemia. Would it be worth it to get complete my packet for WOC with a medical waiver? Or am I pretty much dead in the water?

My stats:

Age 30 (M)

SIFT: 40

APFT: 240

LoR: working on finding an aviator to mentor me...

College: 2ish more years towards a BA in Criminal Justice

Background: SSG, active Army, 1 deployment (Iraq)

Any guidance will help...

Whether it's worth it or not to try is up to you. The worst thing that will happen from applying will be failing your medical. You're out some time and maybe some gas. Small price to pay for a shot at an awesome career.

From what I've heard they aren't accepting medical, moral or age waivers right now. Go to the General Military section and post in there. You'll find plenty of future WOs who can give you the latest. Good luck.

Really? They wont even let you submit a waiver? Or they let you submit a waiver but its more than likely gonna get denied?

When I applied I would have been over the age limit by the time I hit flight school by only about 6-8 months with 8 yrs prior service and a CFI and my age waiver got denied. This was probably 3yrs ago with the CA Army Guard.

All you can do is try. At least Im not sitting here wondering if I coulda been.....

Really? They wont even let you submit a waiver? Or they let you submit a waiver but its more than likely gonna get denied?

No, of course he can submit. Whether or not it gets approved is a different story. I'd say he's got a better chance of getting a medical waiver approved over age or moral waivers. After it gets approved he still has to be boarded for acceptance. At roughly 40 % acceptance rate right now you can bet the boards are picky in who they're taking.

All that being said he has nothing to lose. Apply for the waiver. All they can say is no.

No, of course he can submit. Whether or not it gets approved is a different story. I'd say he's got a better chance of getting a medical waiver approved over age or moral waivers. After it gets approved he still has to be boarded for acceptance. At roughly 40 % acceptance rate right now you can bet the boards are picky in who they're taking.

All that being said he has nothing to lose. Apply for the waiver. All they can say is no.

I agree. However, if any waiver is granted the USAREC board will not see it, so it will not effect their decision at all. But the battalion board interview is a different story.

• Like 1