Are there any happy pilots out there?

Today I am not happy. I was not careful when laying my iPad mini down and my rapid motion to set it down was in vane. The momentum of it carried it further off my arm chair where it precisely placed itself glass down on the tile hearth.

Then in my frustration of the broken screen, my wife retorted, its about time!!!! You never break your stuff, just me!!! Now you know whats its like!!........

Thanks hun....I kinda do now, yes thank you.....

So here I sit, tapping away on it hoping I won't need a bandaid or two!!

Very sad pilot today..very sad....

Making you a happy pilot.

Pilot's just aren't happy unless they are complaining.

We have the Goldilocks syndrome, always looking for everything to be "just right".

We'd be even more miserable if we weren't complaining.

It's just like they used to say about soldiers. A happy soldier is a complaining soldier.

Maybe pilots have a lot of soldier in them.

You might be an unhappy ipadder though !

• Like 1

Today I am not happy. I was not careful when laying my iPad mini down and my rapid motion to set it down was in vane. The momentum of it carried it further off my arm chair where it precisely placed itself glass down on the tile hearth.

Then in my frustration of the broken screen, my wife retorted, its about time!!!! You never break your stuff, just me!!! Now you know whats its like!!........

Thanks hun....I kinda do now, yes thank you.....

So here I sit, tapping away on it hoping I won't need a bandaid or two!!

Very sad pilot today..very sad....

Sounds plausible, but perhaps subconsciously you just wanted a new one ;-)

Making you a happy pilot.

Pilot's just aren't happy unless they are complaining.

We have the Goldilocks syndrome, always looking for everything to be "just right".

We'd be even more miserable if we weren't complaining.

It's just like they used to say about soldiers. A happy soldier is a complaining soldier.

Maybe pilots have a lot of soldier in them.

You might be an unhappy ipadder though !

Difference between a pilot and a turbine engine. The turbine engine stops whining when the aircraft has stopped flying ;-)
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

@ Terminal velo

Unhappy? Not usually, just not a fan of people using forums for shameless self-promotion. His threads are just an attempt to leech genuine traffic and increase search engine rankings. It's a common way to get free advertising.

I have given this slap-down some quiet thought.

I think the poster is 100% quite right. I have meditated upon his input (That Lotus sitting stuff kills me), and I have reached the conclusion that I am in great need of Peace and Harmony, and soft reflections on the meaning of inner Truth.

More than anything else I feel I need to admit to myself, and the indifferent world in general, that this honorable poster is fully ENTITLED to his opinion,

I must respect that. He is ENTITLED.

Anyway, I have tackled the search for my inner Buddha with a series of gently healing, inspiring images, which draw on the soft strings of the inner TAI-CHI forces.

I humbly (at the risk of being once again a self promoting spammer) refer Mr Velo to my scurrilous blog.

Here's the link. I promise I'm not selling a thing. No life insurance, subscriptions, books, cough medicine or advice.

As regards the healing qualities of the inner Chi forces, the final illustration in my short work probably comes closest to describing my true inner state. Again, the Lotus position is a bit hard for me (I can never get back up again), (and I split my pants) but, truthfully, I have tried hard.

Sincerely, & peace

Moggy (Happy Pilot) (demented, but happy)

Some thoughts on Self Promotion

Edited by Francis Meyrick

I try to not make a habit of patting myself on the back. It usually hurts my arm. I'm worried about the day I do something that requires a surfeit of congratulations and gratitude. If no one pats my back that day, I might break my arm.

I know I often come off as an "unhappy pilot." And truthfully, there are days when I really, really regret ever seeing a helicopter much less wanting to fly one. But it is in my blood, I guess. At the end of the day I'm pretty happy with myself and who I am and what I do.

One of the things I cherish most about this industry is the fact that I've met some truly outstanding pilots, some of whom have become close friends. Like Mikey, who I've written about before both openly and indirectly. God knows we've had our differences over the years...but I know he's always got my back - and I've always got his.

And so in the spirit of Moggy's shameless self-promotion, I give you a link to *my* blog and a story about my friendship with a great guy and a great pilot.

FRIENDS

• Like 1