Introduction/APFT

I’ve been lurking on this forum for about a year and I wanted to say how grateful I am. This forum has been a tremendous source of information and advice and I would be struggling to build my WOFT packet without it.

I am an active duty Air Force E-5 stationed in FL. I have been dreaming of becoming an Army Aviator for a few years and everything is just now lining up. I just recently had my Flight Physical approved and have my SIFT appointment in a few weeks. My LORs from my chain of command are currently being routed but I have yet to contact a senior WO.

My next step is to complete the APFT but I have a few questions. Looking at the sample WOFT packet the only place I see the APFT score listed is at the end of DA Form 61. Is that the only place my score is documented? Also I see that under the APFT score it should be signed by my Commander. Since I am Air Force would I need to seek out an Army Officer or NCO to proctor my fitness test? I thought I read somewhere that it needed to be an Army E-7 or higher?

I had an Army WO run the APFT with me and record it on the score card (DA Form 705). Then I filled out the DA form 61 and had my commander sign it. I had the regional WO recruiter look it over and tell me the score card is no longer required. So mine is being submited without documentation of an Army E-7 or higher signature.

I went to the local recruiting office and had an E-7 proctor my APFT. He filled out the DA Form 705, digitally signed it, and emailed it to me. I finished the DA Form 61 with the score and routed it to my commander with the 705 for proof and he signed it. It didn't say anywhere about attaching the 705 so I just put it at the end with all the extra documents just in case. Where are you stationed?

• Like 1