everyone was ok, but?

Guest pokey

Of course nothing similar has ever happened to me, but-

Slide in a brisk wind (about 25-30 knots), crabbing, turn the tail into the wind to clear passenger approach (which requires a honking amount of aft cyclic and pedal- don't remember which pedal),

skids down, decrease aft as collective down to level disk... add any power, like collective not down and latched, and I am told it might come up on the toes just like that one did.

anyone know what the pilot experience level was in the Astar? Could he have panicked just as he set down and decided to abort? I also like the passenger collective theory, I've had passengers do some strange stuff on tours.

• Like 2

I always brief the passengers to NOT touch the handles I am holding onto. Most of the time it works. This was an interesting video. I am interested in soon finding out what happened.

look at it on Facebook, a different angle and the rocky recovery, flew away to change his underwear I reckon

You talking about this one??? The video in the OP ended in a destroyed helicopter.

Edited by ridethisbike