Reporting and Inprocessing

So, this is probably a pretty dumb and naive question, but I'll ask anyway.

I recently graduated NG OCS and am starting BOLC in June. I'm PCSing with my family.

This will be my first ever 1.) PCS and 2.) Army school. I have no clue what to do when I actually get to Rucker as far as how to inprocess/report. Where do I go? Should I be in uniform when I arrive? Will I inprocess right when I get there? If so, what does my family do while I'm doing that? Things like that.

Sorry if those questions are really dumb, I'm just getting slightly anxious about the process and any help would be appreciated.

Youll want to report to the bldg listed on your pcs orders in uniform. Im not an RLO but I would take a good guess and say that you will be reporting to D co. Once you report they will most likely refer you to bldg 5700 where you will begin in processing. Your family can do a multitude of small activities the base has to offer (playground, several lakes, pools, nice walking/biking trails). Your days during inprocessing will be very short. It took me roughly three hours to inprocess this post.

You will need to be in uniform, ACU's.

Do you have housing set either on base or off, if on base then you'll go to the housing office for ther area you will be living and get everything settled, your wife can start getting the house ready while you're inprocessing. I would allow for a lot more time then just 3 hours and it will take place over a few days. Do you have you household goods scheduled for delivery or are you bringing everything with you.

We are living on post and have already been assigned a house we need to sign for when we get there. HHG is scheduled and should be delivered at some point a couple days after we arrive.

My order say: Report to: Holiday Inn Express, Bldg 5901, Ft. Rucker, AL 36362

We are living on post and have already been assigned a house we need to sign for when we get there. HHG is scheduled and should be delivered at some point a couple days after we arrive.

My order say: Report to: Holiday Inn Express, Bldg 5901, Ft. Rucker, AL 36362

Bldg 5901 is the WOCC HHC if I remember right, not where you will be reporting to as an incoming RLO for BOLC. Bldg 5911 (1-145th AVN) would probably be a safe bet.

• Like 1

My SAO has not been very helpful in this process and I did not want to just show up and look like a lost LT (probably will anyway) and have no clue where to go or what to do.

My SAO has not been very helpful in this process and I did not want to just show up and look like a lost LT (probably will anyway) and have no clue where to go or what to do.

Don't worry..... there will be 30-40 other lost 2LTs just like you.