USMC to WOFT LoR assistance

Well its about that time to do my do diligence and reach out for some LoR help from the community. I spent seven years in the Marine Corps as an Aircraft Rescue Firefighter, honorably discharged as and E-5. I have been in the civilian would for a little over three years now and have come to the realization that I would love to serve again. I have been working on my packet since May and have only taken the SIFT so far, which I received a 50. I had some delays, but I am back on track now with the process. I am hoping to lock down some solid Aviator Lor's to accompany my military and civilian LoR's so I can submit my packet within the next couple of boards. I am located in Southern California, I am not really sure if there is any Army aviation groups around me. I don't think there's much Army in CA in general.  If so, any info/help would be appreciated!

To all you hard charging vets in here, today is Veterday's Day, Happy Veterans Day! And thank you for your service!

Stay motivated

Hey brother, USMC as well. Not trying to steer you in the wrong direction but what I did was literally get ahold of the the duty phone on the closest base and see what kind of units they have there cause they have POC listed for recalls and you can ask them to help you out. It worked in my favor because the WO that was on duty helped me over that past 6 months, introduced me to the other WO3-WO5 interviews, gave me some simulator time and helped review my package. Hopefully you can get ahold of someone like that. Someone that can guide you. I’m on the Nov board. (Fingers crossed) Kill!

On 11/15/2019 at 4:25 PM, Luckylife64 said:

Hey brother, USMC as well. Not trying to steer you in the wrong direction but what I did was literally get ahold of the the duty phone on the closest base and see what kind of units they have there cause they have POC listed for recalls and you can ask them to help you out. It worked in my favor because the WO that was on duty helped me over that past 6 months, introduced me to the other WO3-WO5 interviews, gave me some simulator time and helped review my package. Hopefully you can get ahold of someone like that. Someone that can guide you. I’m on the Nov board. (Fingers crossed) Kill!

Thanks man, and good luck!