Regulation on WOCS equivalent course

I’m not sure if there is a true regulation, looking at the packet I submitted it doesn’t reference anything. It just says “requests equivalent credit based on prior commissioning” and you provide supporting documents to prove it

Edited by jkray

49 minutes ago, jkray said:

I’m not sure if there is a true regulation, looking at the packet I submitted it doesn’t reference anything. It just says “requests equivalent credit based on prior commissioning” and you provide supporting documents to prove it

Got it. Yea I was asked to write a memo up in addition to the 4187 and supporting docs. Want to have some black and white from the army to back me up

I don’t believe this has been superseded but double check anyway.  I think this is what you want.

https://armypubs.army.mil/epubs/DR_pubs/DR_a/pdf/web/r135_100.pdf

Commissioned, former commissioned, and warrant officers may apply for warrant officer appointment without enrolling in WOCS or WOCS–RC. These individuals must have had sufficient education, technical training, and practical experience to ensure satisfactory performance of duties in the MOS for which application is made. Applicants for marine WO must meet the requirements of AR 56–9.

Section 1-6 d. (3)

Edited by SBuzzkill