Can dual after solo endorsement be logged PIC

Those are all the same answers I came up with.

My point is that there is there is the 'law' as far as the FAR's go. And then there is the 'spirit' in which they are applied.

I someone takes their NON flying friend along for a trip, it seems to me that they are flying solo for all practicle purposes.

I understand what the FAR's say. I even called the FSDO abd several other DPE's I know to verify. The answer was always the same, and thats exactly what I expected.

Come on though, shurely someone sees and possibly agrees with me that sometimes the FAR's are just stupid.

I think that you can learn a lot when you are the sole occupant of the aircraft. You have to make the judgement calls, and with someone else in the cabin, you can be distracted. I think solo time is a very valuable requirement. Do I agree with the required times? I am not sure, but I do think that solo time is very different from a time where you are carrying a friend that can not fly... This is just my opinion though.

Dave

the entire point of doing your "solo" night flight is to show your proficiency in your training. you need to demonstrate you can perform a night flight as laid out in the night flight requirements 61.131 you are not allowed to take a person, whether that be a non aviation person or an aviation person, solo is still solo. it's as simple as that!

Come on though, shurely someone sees and possibly agrees with me that sometimes the FAR's are just stupid.
Arcane, sure. Hard to interpret, on occasion. Stupid? No.

Unless you passenger is asleep, they can help you with seemingly trivial things - flipping a switch, handing you a chart, opening or closing a vent, pointing out a terrain feature. These things are much less trivial when you are alone (I've had the passenger-side vent window blow open while solo in -10 degree weather, it isn't trivial after ten minutes). So solo is solo.

JD, have to disagree, you can act as PIC of the aircraft under the follow Regs.

(d) Aircraft category, class, and type ratings: Limitations on operating an aircraft as the pilot in command. To serve as the pilot in command of an aircraft, a person must—

(2) Be receiving training for the purpose of obtaining an additional pilot certificate and rating that are appropriate to that aircraft, and be under the supervision of an authorized instructor;

so there :P

Cant you be the only occupant, and still be supervised?, so from what i am reading if you do not have a PPL(H) then you cannot log PIC unless you are the sole occupant. Correct?