What a waste of time

Sparks

I have spoken to four flight schools in the UK today and was told no problem for you to fly with instructor, bring your Log book, License, and Passport + money.

As I understand Sparks this is what he wanted to do.

But perhaps UK schools are as confused as US ones

bring your Log book, License, and Passport + money.

As I understand Sparks this is what he wanted to do.

If you already have your license it is questionable if you are doing training or not, and there is a difference.

Sparks said in his initial post that he wanted to get some hours towards his PPL, so he is not rated in other words, and then it qualifies as flight training. If he just wanted to come over to the US and do a sightseeing flight it would have been no issue at all, but as soon as you move into the training part of it you have to step really carefully!

Edited by flyby_heli

Today's exchange rate:

USD$1.00 = £0.50

If the total value of the cost per hour is comparable (the number is the same, even if the value of the currency is different), you will pay the equivalent of USD$2,000 in the UK for what you could've gotten in Florida for the USD$1,000 in this discussion. I suspect that it isn't quite as drastic as 2:1 but there will be a difference.