I Hate white paint !

Optigirl

I have this spot just aft of the main engine compartment on my Exec, Its an off white color, It became discolored after A few months in the hanger, stupid skilight !

I Didnt notice the discoloring tell we built our own hanger for her on our own property.

I really cant stand the look of this discoloring, It makes any detailing mute. you always walk away thinking damn.

Does anyone know of a product that can restrore this discoloring back to factory?

~Lana

Bleach. :P

I tried that, And a few others, it just made it worse.

I didn't expect the Bleach to strip the clear finish and cause bleeding but it did, and to boot, Its causing the door hasp lock to rust, so in short keep bleach away !

I should try to have the a/c painted this year if it ever stops raining...

Optigirl,

We had some discolore / stained white paint on our 206LIII due to turbine exhaust. We used Perfect III from 3M and I was told that Mirror Glaze 6 is also a good product. These are rubbing compounds so we applied them by hand. Made the paint look like new. However, it sounds like you are beyond that point with the bleach application. Something to try in the future.

Fred

"Does anyone know of a product that can restore this discoloring back to factory?"

I'm guessing that it is gelcoated fiberglass if so try a heavy duty rubbing compound if that doesn't work a fine wet sand paper approx 600 or finer followed by buffing with said compound then wax. If you decide to paint DuPont Imron is very nice and gets very hard or Sikkens they can be found at most auto supply paint shops.

Edited by wannabe heli pilot

Does anyone know of a product that can restrore this discoloring back to factory?

~Lana

Meguiars has some great products for this type of issue. I use it on my Corvette and it looks awesome.

http://www.meguiars.com/

Specificly you might want to look at the Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner.

http://www.meguiars.com/?auto-paint-cleane...m-Paint-Cleaner

My Vette is a daily driver (when the weather is nice) and I win awards for the paint every summer. It's a 12 year old car that drives into DC 3 or 4 days a week. I only use Meguiars products and it pays off. Use all three of the Deep Crystal system and your helicopter will shine!

techjedi.jpg

I have this spot just aft of the main engine compartment on my Exec, Its an off white color, It became discolored after A few months in the hanger, stupid skilight !

I Didnt notice the discoloring tell we built our own hanger for her on our own property.

I really cant stand the look of this discoloring, It makes any detailing mute. you always walk away thinking damn.

~Lana

Just wondering how detailing can make your helicoper silent or incapable of speech? Oh... you

meant moot! Also, why do want to light your skis?

Just wondering how detailing can make your helicoper silent or incapable of speech? Oh... you

meant moot! Also, why do want to light your skis?

It was realy late and I was tired, I typicaly use the IE spellcheck but again, I was tired.

And hay I went to a pubic skool ! :D

Bleach is an oxidizer! Keep it away from ANYTHING that you don't want rusty/corroded!

Look to the automotive industry for your answer, and in your kitchen. I've had great luck with the automotive products already mentioned, and more recently I started using Mothers cleaner wax on my car. Took my 30 year old black paint to bright and shiny after a few coats.

My wife's SUV is white, and had some nasty stains on it. A friend of mine suggested trying Soft Scrub! WORKS LIKE A CHARM on white paint!! Won't leave scratches, cleans superbly well! The only thing is, if you have (HAD) any wax on it, after Soft Scrub, it's gone!

Good luck! ;)