Helicopter "Wings" ????

HeliMan6

Hey. This is really annoying me! You know how pilots get their "Wings" when they get their pilot license. Do you get your "Wings" if you get your heli license? If so please please please somebody give me a picture! I have to do one for school in TEC and I can't find one on the internet to copy. Everywhere I look there are helicopter badges from the navy and different parts of the world. I just want to know if there is a basic helicopter pilot badge which you can get when you get your heli license, what it looks like, or if the airplane and helicopter badges are exactly the same. Somebody please reply!

You aren't given any wings, but you can buy whatever you like, whether you're a pilot or not. Fixed or rotary wing, all you get is a certificate, and if you want wings you buy them, whatever you want. There is no standard, you can have them made as fancy as you like. Just keep in mind, the fancier the wings, the more likely other pilots are to laugh.

Usually your "wings" are issued to you by your employer. They are generally wings that incorporate the company logo etc. If your are not employed by anyone in particular than refer to Gomer Pylot and buy whatever the heck you want. As a side note I would save the "wings" for a uniform. They look plain silly on a T-shirt. :)

Here is a set of wings for you :D

BE Carefull

http://www.bushwings.com/catalog.html

ONLY ON THE INTERNET !!!!!!!!!!

I'm still chuckling...but I'm saving that site for future purchases !

Goldy

The wings on this site are "Air Assault" wings. They are not Pilot wings.

Mostly ground troops have these!

Yeah I know, it's the only one they have for sale

I on the other hand have my wings from when I left Mother rucker in '84

here ya go, happy shopping!

http://search.soldiercity.com/?SH=A%3dwing...on=3&Page=0

Edited by 67november

HA HA HA I was thinkin the exact thing when I seen those on here earlier today

:D

I was always more partial to drum sticks then wings when I got my first rating. Now how to keep the sauce from staining my uniform.

Hey. This is really annoying me! You know how pilots get their "Wings" when they get their pilot license. Do you get your "Wings" if you get your heli license? If so please please please somebody give me a picture! I have to do one for school in TEC and I can't find one on the internet to copy. Everywhere I look there are helicopter badges from the navy and different parts of the world. I just want to know if there is a basic helicopter pilot badge which you can get when you get your heli license, what it looks like, or if the airplane and helicopter badges are exactly the same. Somebody please reply!

As Eagle 1 said above your employer provide you with your wings when the time comes.