K-MAX

Helihead

Helihead,

All the K-Maxs that I worked around last summer were employed mainly in logging, firefighting and other utility longline work. You'll most likely need to get some longline experience to move into that aircraft. HeliQuest out of Canada, Superior Helicopters and Woody's (I believe) work K-Maxs. You might try and Google these companies for futher information.

Fred

Helihead,

All the K-Maxs that I worked around last summer were employed mainly in logging, firefighting and other utility longline work. You'll most likely need to get some longline experience to move into that aircraft. HeliQuest out of Canada, Superior Helicopters and Woody's (I believe) work K-Maxs. You might try and Google these companies for futher information.

Fred

Superior is now the Swanson Group. Grizzly Mountain might still have one too. There's a few companies around that operate them.

K-Max's tend to have blade strikes with themselves and have lots of stick shake, so that might take some getting used to.

Just gets LOTS of longline/utility time if you want to fly one.

Superior is now the Swanson Group. Grizzly Mountain might still have one too. There's a few companies around that operate them.

K-Max's tend to have blade strikes with themselves and have lots of stick shake, so that might take some getting used to.

Just gets LOTS of longline/utility time if you want to fly one.

Adam32,

As far as blade strikes with themselves, one of the K-Max pilots told me the same thing. If you overcontrol the pedals and cyclic at the same time you can have a mid-air / blade strike with yourself due to the way the inputs are mixed. Interesting. Also, when did Superior change over to Swanson Group? Two of the funniest guys I've ever worked around were K-Max pilots, one from Superior and one from HeliQuest.

Fred

Adam32,

As far as blade strikes with themselves, one of the K-Max pilots told me the same thing. If you overcontrol the pedals and cyclic at the same time you can have a mid-air / blade strike with yourself due to the way the inputs are mixed. Interesting. Also, when did Superior change over to Swanson Group? Two of the funniest guys I've ever worked around were K-Max pilots, one from Superior and one from HeliQuest.

Fred

They changed their name a couple months ago. Same company, just different name. Swanson was the company that owned Superior.