VOLO_VRGeneral468UpperLimit2011General_468x60TigerTugsVRForumGen468Helicopter Academy
Photo
- - - - -

Trailering Helicopters

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Miloe

Miloe

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Company working for:PlanB

Posted 15 December 2009 - 17:27

I know I'm going to get beat up for the first part of this but here goes anyway.

Offer up the other seat on the to/from flight to someone trying to gain experience/time.
I'm not saying stick it to some poor low timer for $300-$400 an hour to ride along, but work out something.

Personally, if the logistics of it worked out, I'd be willing to trade off being real cheap/free ground crew for whatever was going on. Heck, I figure the best way to learn about different helicopter operations is to actually fly then, but that's not really feasable. Probably second best is to ground crew for them.

Just random thoughts, maybe none of it is workable, maybe some of it.

L8R
Gary

#22 davidlip

davidlip

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:15

Little late to this discussion but might be useful for somebody.

I've got an R22 on a trailer we drag around behind the motorhome.  Put about 50,000 miles on the rig and zero damage to the R22. 

I have clips to hold the skids in place and a tension strap on each side to suck the body down to the trailer so it is in tension.  I have a tail boom support and blade supports to get the blades off the droop stops.

The second R22 just went through 12 year overhaul and there were no signs of cracks or other damage.

See https://en.wikipedia...2-Trailered.jpg

• fleman202 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Genesys VRForum200_GeneralAble_VRGeneral200NFCVRGeneral200PBH_HeliHarbor200_GeneralMaunaLoaSoftwareVRGeneral200HeliHelmetsPrecisionVRForumGeneral200ColoradoHeliOpsGeneral200DevoreGeneral200