3 replies to this topic

#1 Curyfury

Curyfury

ATP Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 20:42

Only hear about the gom, but does the california coastline use helos the same way? Im assuming not and even if so, i assume the job market is even tighter.

#2 helonorth

helonorth

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:56

They use helicopters but it's a relatively small operation. One company and a few helicopters handle all of it, I believe. RLC was out there for a while. I don't know if they still are.

#3 HawaiiCFII

HawaiiCFII

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Helicopters, skiing, motorcycles, scuba diving, and Ahhh-laaas-KUUHHHH!
  • Company working for:Temsco

Posted 30 April 2017 - 21:29

Some fly out of Santa Maria to the rigs. I thought RLC pulled out of that base a few years ago but I don't know the current operators.

#4 Boatpix

Boatpix

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 20:42

if you contact me by text at 561-346-2816 I can put you in touch with the chief pilot.  SoCal is a pretty sweet gig and as we keep a helicopter in Torrance I've never been able to get any of my pilots into that job as it requires a lot of turbine time. 

Tom McDermott, manager
HelicopterAcademy.com/BOATPIX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Helmet FX Home 200Midwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016Able_VRHOme200MaunaLoaVRHome200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeDevoreHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200Genesys VR Forum 200NFCVRForum200Home