• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 reece0517

reece0517

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:20

As an Active Duty soldier, is there any benefit of putting in to go to SERE before your WOCS date?

• adriel0491 likes this

#2 SBuzzkill

SBuzzkill

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 14:20

Getting it over with.

#3 adriel0491

adriel0491

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 14:57

well, lets put it this way... Some guys in my WOCS class had attended SERE prior to WOCS. They arrived at their duty stations before the holidays, I'm at least 5 months away from graduation. they literally started WOBC the week after WOCS and common core before block leave 2018. they were flying month and a half after WOCS (December) and most of us didn't start IERW until april-may. so yeah it might be the difference of you getting out of here in a year instead year and a half.

#4 AngryJoe

AngryJoe

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 22:17

Its all about timing. I had a few guys in my WOBC class that are prior SERE and will be classing up into common core before me. In the mean time, youll do some details and probably work the easiest days youll ever work in the Army. To answer your question, there really is no benefit other than classing up into common core earlier and finishing your time at Rucker earlier.

#5 Thedude

Thedude

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 22:23

In the mean time, youll do some details and probably work the easiest days youll ever work in the Army.

This is 100% true. Time in hold is one of the best working vacations you’ll ever get. Might even get on some paid drinking trips with friends by doing funeral details.
  • AngryJoe likes this

#6 AngryJoe

AngryJoe

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 18:46

Currently smoking a pork shoulder drinking beer 🍻

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FreeFlight_Home200HeliHelmets-VR HomeBLR 200PrecisionVRForumHome200Genesys VR Forum 200Spectrum_VRHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200LakeSuperior200