Helicopter Permitted Restaurants etc.

Hey guys,

The other day I was talking to another pilot about how we wish we knew where there were more places we could go that allowed helicopters to land or had a heli pad. It would be great to have a helicopter LZ directory! :P Thought I would start a thread and hope that others might be able to share their input. Of course written permission is strongly suggested, but these have allowed it without (a call ahead would'nt hurt though).

Currently I am aware of a couple places that allow helicopters to land on their property:

TX

Salt Lick BBQ

18001 FM 1826

Driftwood, Texas 78619

512-858-4959

Cabelas- Buda, TX

15570 IH 35

Buda, TX 78610

512-295-1100

(Landing on the SW side across from the employee parking lot, just W of Cabelas Dr.)

Good idea! I just made a custom Google Map to use as a directory. I already added the two you posted, txflyer, but feel free to edit them as I don't know the area and I'm not sure if they're exactly in the right place.

Helicopter LZ Directory

If anyone has a problem adding locations, let me know.

Edited by Regan

Looking at it some more, you need to have a gmail account in order to add to it. I'm still figuring it out myself so I'm not 100% on all this.

Once you go to the LZ Directory, click on 'Save to My Maps' link that is on the left panel. It will prompt you to login (if you aren't already). Login or if you don't have a gmail account, create one (it's free).

Now any time you look up an address or location on Google Maps you will have an option to 'Save to My Maps' (the link is in the info bubble that appears over the marker on the map). Select the Helicopter LZ Directory and hit save, and your location has been added to the list!

If you're still confused, I found a video describing everything and it looks like it should help (I don't have sound on this computer). http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA6605383.html

If you want to edit locations that are already there, click on the 'Edit' button in the left panel. From there you can click on any of the locations. This will allow you to change the name, add or change the info in the description or even change the icon of the pin.

Darren - I added your location.

Edited by Regan

McGehee Catfish, Marietta, OK (T40). They closed the runway due to an accident (fixed wing ruin everything), but still allowed us to land recently. I'd call first 580-276-2751. All you can eat catfish and a fun flight down the Red River.

The black 44 may have been David Lewis from Anythings Possible Aviation, he likes to eat out in the heli. I know he has had permission to land at these two.

Pappadeaux (The Woodlands)

18165 I-45 South

Conroe, TX 77385

(936) 321-4200

Los Cucos Mexican Cafe

17886 Northwest Freeway

Houston, TX 77040

(713) 849-0061

Anythings Possible Aviation, gallery 3, his white 44RI at Los Cucos.

APA gallery 4, has the black 44 RII, but now it has red N lettering.

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone in the NY area and interested in skydiving, I flew into Calverton with an R22 earlier this week to make a jump (fun day!). Skydive Long Island welcomes fly-ins if you are planning on jumping and call ahead first. I added it to the map. Their number is 631.208.3900.

We have two here in the Denver Metro area. The Fort (high end "game" meats), and the Manor House (another high end place). The Fort now requires $5,000,000 in insurance since so many have crashed there. It's a little challenging for a newer pilot to master, hence the crashes. The Manor House is really nice. Tons of weddings there. Both are in the foothills of Denver and in the Red Rocks Valley.

Donde es "the manor house"? I have flown into The Fort, I didn't find it difficult, but you do have to be aware of your surroundings.

Donde es "the manor house"? I have flown into The Fort, I didn't find it difficult, but you do have to be aware of your surroundings.

Um, you're not a newer pilot.

Look on the map for the manor house. It's in the Ken Caryl Valley just south of HWY 285. I'm sure you've flown over it a thousand times.

To make a google map is a great idea!

I´m searching for some nice landing spots and in the LA area. Maybe we could add them too, with a short description.

If anyone interested I could make a google earth file out of the map, so you measure distances and many nice things more ...