Since I have nothing serious to add, I figured I'd just put it out there.... I imagine Mil-8 training is one of those "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" deals.

thanks as well for the 2cents worth.... no, seriously! I mean it. Always fun to read. Yep, i'm sure the fuel burn is spectacular but but i sure would like to fly one. They do have simulators for it at El Dorado. I have called the U.S. office several times , two different numbers. I guess they have so many students they don't need to return calls. With Chavez and Putin talking, I bet there will be a bunch more of them operating. You won't find any Venezuelanos training in Colombia though!

I totally agree Jeff... it would be the bee's knees to log some time and get some training in something like that. Plz keep us posted if you make any headway.

• 2 weeks later...

To all, I was lucky enough to fly into and out of the Kola Peninsula in Russia in a Mil-8. What an aircraft. Once on site, got to fly the Mil-2 to upper Salmon beats of Ponoi River in the Arctic Circle and return. A great experience for a fly fisherman with my Comrades!

• Like 1

Anyone know costs for Mil-8 training? I know there is a place in Bogota (El Dorado airport) but want to know of others have had prices given to them. I have not yet.

We have two helicopters MI-8T 1500 HP and MI-8AMT (MI-171; MI-171V)

MI-8T commercial cost is US$3,200.00

MI-8AMT commercial cost is US$4,850.00

No include fuel MI-8T is 212 glns/hr and MI-8AMT 250 glns/hr.

The instruction to new pilots is about 35 hrs, but is necesary to have experience in large helicopters. I am instructor in both helicopters, if you have more info about it, my e-mail is jcodap2009@gmail.com, regards Jose Dante.