R44 down in Temecula

Goldy

Unfortunately the R44 I usually fly went down today near Temecula. All onboard were ok. My friend and business partner was at the controls, glad to hear that he was fine.

The ship is not so lucky.

Goldy

• Like 1

Goldy,

Glad all are ok. That is the most important thing! Sorry about the helicopter. I was looking forward to drag racing you in the EC120.

Now you're in trouble, cause the only thing left is a Raven II and its a speed demon!

Hey Goldy just heard about this as well. Glad everyone is ok, thats the most important thing. Don't wanna mention any names but have you talked to the pilot to find out how it happened?

Yeah, he called me a little bit after it happened. I couldnt believe what I was hearing, takes a bit to sink in.....you did WHAT ??? Anyway, you can PM me for the details.

FLY SAFE !

Goldy

Sorry about the accident. We live in a strange society where the truth must be covered or there will be peculiar insurance or legal consequences. I have witnessed several aviation accidents. I have not yet seen an accurate NTSB report.

We all know that all helicopter pilots do stuff. There are few sources to learn how to do more exotic maneuvers. We need some training to do stuff more safely. Many entry level helicopter jobs require skills that are not taught. For instance: frost patrol, powerline patrol, agricultural sparying, and sling operations. How do we learn to fly in windy mountain conditions and land on unprepared irregular surfaces? Almost all of the experts that I know are self taught.

Helicopter pilots make mistakes, at least we can try harder to avoid the most common mistakes.

Helicopter pilots make mistakes, at least we can try harder to avoid the most common mistakes.

Yes we can !

BTW- I forgot to mention, for those fans out there of Operation Repo...the tv show; that yes, this was the white R44 that appeared on the show and was repossessed. Funny thing, is even a year after they filmed that scene, some of the fuel guys still thought that the ship had actually been repo'd !! Do you not WATCH TV people?? It did make some of the CFI's there celebs though...at least for a week.

It was a Raven I, guess the FAA missed that. http://www.faa.gov/data_research/accident_...ia/K_0407_N.txt

We will miss this ship,

Goldy

Edited by Goldy

Now you're in trouble, cause the only thing left is a Raven II and its a speed demon!

Goldy,

Glad those you know are all ok. The ship can be replaced of course. Mind if I show up to the Race? :>)

Sorry Goldy & Jeff, my money is with JDHELO & his horse - even with OEI & full bags.

WATCH FOR THE PATTERNS, WATCH FOR THE WIRES.

And YES, I know the 119 is a S/E. They look FAST even when they're shut down & parked. Jeff, JD should take E1 by 2 knots as published. Now 'thems some odds. Drag race over Newport coast? Cops & good guys.

Hey Goldy, come to think about it my first flight in a R44 was in 8SS with you and Patrick a few years back. Wow time fly's by! 8SS will definitely be missed.

Is that the day we tied you to the right skid?

Helicopters can be replaced. Friends can't. Glad everyone made it through the crash okay. Sorry you lost a ship.

She was a good ship.

Goldy and I.

9deae00f.jpg

Goldy and Patrick.

8ce8f21e.jpg

Damn, all helicopter pilots are good looking, aren't they ??

Love the one with Patrick...if you look at his feet!

Thanks for posting Marlon. Call me next time you're out, we'll find something to fly!

Goldy

Damn, all helicopter pilots are good looking, aren't they ??

Love the one with Patrick...if you look at his feet!

Thanks for posting Marlon. Call me next time you're out, we'll find something to fly!

Goldy

Patrick is actually smiling! LOL A very serious man though, but a good pilot!

Patrick is actually smiling! LOL A very serious man though, but a good pilot!

It's kind of hard to be serious when you are trying to look taller than you are :D

Goldy: Unfortunately, my implementation in Encino is all done :( My trips to CA have moved up the coast to Atherton, so it will be a while before I'm back in So.Cal.

Do you know anyone in the Bay area I can log some time with? I'll be out there for a few days next week and the week after that.

Marlon

Goldy: Unfortunately, my implementation in Encino is all done :(

Unless of course you ping the server and take if offline!! Maybe a quick weekend trip to re-boot!

Sorry, dont know anyone in SF area....I'm sure someone on the board can speak up with access to a 22/44.

Have fun, fly safe.

Goldy

It's kind of hard to be serious when you are trying to look taller than you are :D

Goldy: Unfortunately, my implementation in Encino is all done :( My trips to CA have moved up the coast to Atherton, so it will be a while before I'm back in So.Cal.

Do you know anyone in the Bay area I can log some time with? I'll be out there for a few days next week and the week after that.

Marlon

I am surprised Goldy forgot about me! Send me a PM and I can give you a phone # for someone in the Southern Sonoma County (not far from Novato) that has a -44 for a really good price if your interested. And there is also someone in Hayward as well with -22/-44 as well.