Bose With Doors Off

Recently got a Bose. When flying with the doors off the other day I got a crackling sound (off and on) in my left ear. Just wondering if other Bose owners have had this problem. Almost seemed like the ANR couldn't keep up with the noisy condition (blade flap, wind etc).

I also noticed that my mic picked up a lot of wind noise. Anyone use a different kind of mic cover?

thanks

Hey bud,

I have flown with the doors off many many times with the Bose headset. The wind can be an issue making that sound in your ear. It is to do with the little holes with the mesh on the side. Not fully sure why it does it but it seems to stop the noise cancellation momentarily. With regards to the mike, I have had wind noise sometimes too. Make sure you are flying in trim!!! :lol:

Recently got a Bose. When flying with the doors off the other day I got a crackling sound (off and on) in my left ear. Just wondering if other Bose owners have had this problem. Almost seemed like the ANR couldn't keep up with the noisy condition (blade flap, wind etc).

I also noticed that my mic picked up a lot of wind noise. Anyone use a different kind of mic cover?

thanks

http://www.gibson-barnes.com/index.php?id=18&cat_id=51&prod_id=382

I have the same issue with the Zulu (door off), but only when I turn my head a certain degree, so its definitly "normal".

As for the mic noise, I had that problem with my old DC. My instructor said to put one of those fuzzy covers over it, when I did, the noise went away. Although the noise was on his end, not mine. ;)

Thanks guys for the replies.

I'm going to try to disable the auto shut off to see if that helps. I did mess with the squelch but couldn't get it right. I'll look into other mic covers such as the one posted.

I always fly in trim...its my students that don't...haha