Guest Maximinious

18 members have voted

1. 1. ...

Dear 26-year-old General heloidaho,

you are definately entitled to your opinion. But for the record, I don't really care what you "think". The bottom line is that I qualify for the program... and if I choose to go because I want to fly, I will go because I want to fly. If I choose to go because I want to serve my country, I will go because I want to serve my country.

All branches of the military are FULL of people that are in it primarily because of benefits and opportunity post term. I understand that I am a soldier first, but even if I didn't have that mindset.. who are you to tell me that I shouldn't join?

I am trying to get as much info as I can about becoming a warrant officer so I can make a decision about the next 8 years of my life. I don't plan on staying in the Army forever. So if I can serve my country and simultaneously get good training to prepare myself for a civilian career as a helicopter pilot when my military term is over, I would love to join for both reasons. The military advertises the benefits for the Warrant Officer program as an incentive to join, and you are bashing me for researching details about the incentives? Click on the 60 second movie clip from this link: http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/index.htm

I didn't post this question asking what you or anyone else thought about my moral values pertaining to why I wanted to join the military, or for you to tell me why I should or shouldn't join. I posted it because I wanted info about the amount of hours a WO gets per year in the Army. So if you don't know, keep your thoughts to yourself. I don't need some 26 year old rat turd telling me why I should or shouldn't join the Army or what my "primary source of motivation" is.

And as far as there being "one of you" in every thread... I meant someone taking a simple, straight forward question like the one that I asked, and twisting it into something else that you can be "right" about in order to belittle someone and feed your own ego.

You need to relax, and stop assuming the reasons why people are telling you things. Did you stop to consider that maybe he was telling you that if your motivations are mostly flight hours, you shouldn't join was in YOUR best interest? I've got news for you: the military may not be the hardest, or worst job in the world, but it is pretty demanding. If you go into it with expectations that are not met, you may find yourself...miserable. If that ends up the case, you will find yourself miserable for six years. (more like eight, if you include the time in flight school. Which, while it can be fun, is a lot of hard work, even for people already rated.) Your reactions to people trying to give you advice will get you nowhere in life, never mind the military.

You say you can act professional as long as people respect you. Someone with your claimed experience in the real world should know: respect is earned, not given. You've done nothing here that I've seen to earn respect from anyone. You've only been quite the jerk. More news: The people who outrank you (ESPECIALLY when you're in a training environment, like Basic, and WOCS) don't care a whit if you feel respected. It's not their job to make you feel respected. It's their job to teach you. If they see you coming off the way you're doing so here, they will make a darn good effort to teach you some humility. You may get past a board, and you may even get through candidate school. But if your actual personality is anything like the one you're projecting around here, it won't take long for people to see through the facade, and you will not like the result. When you show up to your first unit as a WOJG, do you think your IP cares if you feel respected for graduating flight school, or having civilian ratings?

You seem to be pretty set on becoming a Blackhawk pilot. What happens if you get to selection, and there AREN'T any hawk slots, or there are only a few, and you're too low on the OML to get one? Are you prepared to accept that you may be an Apache pilot? Furthermore, are you prepared to accept that there is no peace-time mission for an Apache pilot, which equals less flight time?

Finally, before you go off on me, I'm a 26 year old, currently deployed CW2 TACOPS officer, who flies blackhawks. I've been out of flight school for two years (as of today, actually), and have just recently reached 400 hours (including the 127 from flight school).

It's interesting to know that nerds like yourself have the balls to fly helicopters.

Max, will you let me know when you're publishing my biography? It seems you know me so well that you must be writing one. You don't by chance have one published about yourself, do you? I'd love to read how to get better at being an a**hole on the internet.

• Like 2