I Got in, what now?

First off, I would like to thank everyone that posts on this site! Through my whole application process I used thses forums as a guide and it was a great help!

I just got the call yesterday and I am headed to WOCS on Nov 10! I am really excited about this next step, but now I am not really sure what to be doing. Im working out like crazy, but being a former Marine, the PT test is already maxed out. As of now I am really looking to the users of this site for some guidance/advice on what I need to be doing until November. Once again thanks to everyone on here!

• Like 2

If your PT test is maxed, good for you. Do you know much Army tradition yet? Get ready for a bunch of schools that either arent fun, are boring, or are painful. Then one day you are issued flight gear and its all worth it.

Good luck.

If your PT test is maxed, good for you. Do you know much Army tradition yet? Get ready for a bunch of schools that either arent fun, are boring, or are painful. Then one day you are issued flight gear and its all worth it.

Good luck.

What he said. WOCS, BOLC, SERE...neither of which take more than, say 30% of the average common sense. Try not to get frustrated before you get to flying...its a long boring year.

WOCS: Get into the WOC SOP, and learn it. If you have your clothing issue, get started stenciling, per the SOP. I'm not sure what one has to buy coming from the outside, but you may want your own underwear, socks, white tshirts vs what's issued (no one like brownie down townies!), and those would be something you could purchase now and get stenciled. Just make sure it's all "good" stuff. ie, white underwear, black or green boot socks. Play the game for 4-6 weeks, and you'll be fine.

Everything else: Get ready to move. If you're feeling frisky, get a 5&9 study guide for the -67. I recommend http://thehangar.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=134&products_id=1314 and it's associated P2 guide. (pre and post solo, as I recall...)

WOCS: Get into the WOC SOP, and learn it. If you have your clothing issue, get started stenciling, per the SOP. I'm not sure what one has to buy coming from the outside, but you may want your own underwear, socks, white tshirts vs what's issued (no one like brownie down townies!), and those would be something you could purchase now and get stenciled. Just make sure it's all "good" stuff. ie, white underwear, black or green boot socks. Play the game for 4-6 weeks, and you'll be fine.

Everything else: Get ready to move. If you're feeling frisky, get a 5&9 study guide for the -67. I recommend http://thehangar.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=134&products_id=1314 and it's associated P2 guide. (pre and post solo, as I recall...)

When I went through stenciling beforehand was discouraged and when I got there I learned why. They were very anal about what was stenciled and where. If you want to try to do it on your own you need to be very sure you know what you're doing. Also we had plenty of time during our reception period (after signing in to WOCS and before we were put into classes) to get all that done. My WOCS experience was different than what it is now though so don't take my advice as worth much.

When I went through stenciling beforehand was discouraged and when I got there I learned why. They were very anal about what was stenciled and where. If you want to try to do it on your own you need to be very sure you know what you're doing. Also we had plenty of time during our reception period (after signing in to WOCS and before we were put into classes) to get all that done. My WOCS experience was different than what it is now though so don't take my advice as worth much.

Heh...just the opposite for me; I had to go through "Pre-WOCC" which is a fun thing some states do at EAATS... they HIGHLY recommended doing the stenciling ahead of time. If you can follow an SOP, it's not a big deal. That said, when I went through, it was kid of ridiculous. I don't think they ever looked at anything to see if it was done right, and when I was in snowbird, I saw a bunch of people doing/had done many things wrong. But...it didn't really matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Some advise,

I finished WOCS yesterday. I was a prior service army and I was bundled with the interservice transfers, I showed up without uniforms or an ID card because I had none. You should get what you need at rucker if it has not yet been issued to you.

Stenciling depends on your TAC, ours did not care so long as it was labeled. Just make sure you have the necessary items when you start the course. Use the packing list, read the SOP, do not do anything that is not allowed in this school. Write your autobiography prior to the course start and make a hard copy/email it to your self. Stenciling is for the laundry service people. They still will lose some of your stuff anyway lol. I would recommend looking over the packing list prior to getting to wocs, plan ahead be proactive rather than reactive. Be prepared to spend a lot of money on "stuff" while at WOCS. Be prepared to stand in formation for long periods of time. Knats are the state bird of alabama, time managment is key. It is a tradoc school, check out youtube for an idea, its worth it. Send any questions my way if you want answers.

• Like 1

We have had afternoon thunderstorms every day this week. The friggen gnats are out in force. All over you during preflight, in the aircraft, at the Skelly stagehouse, in my house, my car, my mouth. f*cking gnats.

Where do i g tthe packing list and stuff? my recruiter told me just to sit and wait and hasnt talked to me much since i was selected. i do not leave until november 10, but i would like to get as much of this done now as i can

For WOCS, you can find almost everything you need on the WOCC website (http://usacac.army.mil/cac2/WOCC/wocs.asp) under the "I'm selected, now what?" section at the very bottom of the page. If you want to be high-speed, you can have take a copy of the WOC SOP somewhere and have it shrunk down so it will fit in your cargo pocket - makes life easier and TACSs tend to be impressed by it. Also, if you haven't already gotten signed up on your class collaboration page, you might want to get a head start on that...