L.T.P.U.

Low-Time Pilots Union

It seems a lot of pilots on this forum scoff at those of us who take these "slave-wage", low-time pilot, jobs (as if we really have a choice)! In fact, many of them actually blame us, for their very existance!

So, to my fellow low-timers,...lets form a Union, walk off our jobs, and demand better pay!!!

Now its true that McDonalds and Starbucks probably don't care what they pay their unemployed pilots, but DAMMIT,...WE CAN MAKE A STATEMENT!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , no really,...let's do this. <_<

• Like 1

I think you guys are kind of missing the point here.

This is not a "call to arms", its merely a response to several posts I've read recently, where other pilots are blamming us desperate, low-timers who are taking these "slave-wage" jobs, for the reason they even exist in the first place,...saying things like, we are lowering our standards, and we're bad for the industry, and what not!

<_<

My response is;

What do you expect us to do? :huh: The only way we could effectively boycot these types of jobs, is to organize (i.e. form a Union). Of course we all know that won't work! Because, yes, there will always be that "scab" out there to take the job the rest of us are battling to change!

Fact is, I would give my left nut for a job like Old City is offering!

If they're the only ones willing to take a chance on me, I'm not going to throw it back in their faces, just because the pay is too low!

• Like 1

I think you’re missing the point.

Entry level helicopter jobs have always been low paying and hard to get. This is nothing new or something others scoff about. It’s just a fact that most understand.. The reality is, even with this fact, every year some new folks find their way in and make a go of it. And I cuss’n guarantee, before they were hired, they weren’t complaining about it on the internet……

I think you’re missing the point.

Entry level helicopter jobs have always been low paying and hard to get. This is nothing new or something others scoff about. It’s just a fact that most understand.. The reality is, even with this fact, every year some new folks find their way in and make a go of it. And I cuss’n guarantee, before they were hired, they weren’t complaining about it on the internet……

I am more than aware of the low pay for entry-level pilots, and I have NO problem with it.

If you don't think others are scoffing at those of us who take these jobs, read through the Old City thread again.

• Like 1