160th SOAR

Simple. Become a blackhawk, chinook or Kiowa pilot. Get two or three years in the regular army as an aviator. Then contact one of their in house recruiters for info on the selection process. They are in great need of pilots. Something like 40-50% of their current aviators are eligible for retirement.

I'm sure there are a few former apache guys flying for the 160th but from everything that I've heard they seem to prefer the pilots from the other airframes. Probably because those pilots will already have more NVG experience. We use goggles plenty but our primary is FLIR.

• Like 1

Chinooks. He wants to get a job flying Chinook. Easily the hardest thing to do around here since they drop one per quarter :lol:

Are you referring to -47s with 160th?

Two years ago or so, they were hurting for 47 pilots. A friend of mine went that way and got the transition from -60s

Are you referring to -47s with 160th?

Two years ago or so, they were hurting for 47 pilots. A friend of mine went that way and got the transition from -60s

I was actually just being a smartass since no one gets a Chinook out of here nowadays, and Dutch and Buzz were all "first rule about Nightstalkers....." :ph34r:

And yea, last brief I went to said they were less than 60% manned on 47s.