Submitted WOFT Packet Today, have a few questions.

Hey all, after 3 years of working on a packet I finally submitted it last night. I have a question though.

I noticed that packets must be sent via email and each email cannot exceed 5mb. I broke my packet down and labeled it as shown yet a couple of the emails exceeded 5mb. I forgot to take into account the fact that the email also counts as data and not just the attachments.

Is it alright to simply resend the packet or will that confuse those recieving it by having 2 emailed packets with the same name yet broken down differently?

Any help would be appreciated.

I presume they just want to limit the email file size. 5-6mb should be fine. They should be using the same email system as our recruiters. I remember when I emailed my recruiter copies of my medical paper work it took ages for him to load and print them. They are just trying to limit the file size. Someone else might know otherwise however.

Are you enlisted and trying to go woft or are you civilian to seat? I was under the impression that the local recruiting board once you get approval from your interview with them then they send it off to rucker board... do enlighten us as to your process

Thanks for the replies guys. Im currently active duty trying to fly. Took me a total of 3 years to finally get this all done due to deployments and field time etc.

On the enlisted side we do pretty much the entire packet ourselves and submit it ourselves. The reason I asked about the file size is because its taken me so long to finally get this all done and I want it to be perfect, my anxiety kept me up all night worrying about it lol.

All I could think of was the person reading the email saying "well this size is too big, not even going to look at it, next". I'm sure my worries are all in my head but I'm just so excited that I finally got it all done after so long and I would hate for it to not even get a chance.

Plus the due date for the September board was yesterday July 13. So I wouldn't have a chance to resend it if they didn't accept it. That was my main reason for worrying so much.

I called every single number on the website for assistance but it was a Friday afternoon so nobody picked up.

Is there a specific number to call for the ones who receive the packets via email or should I just contact one of the recruiters? I'll be calling again first thing Monday morning.

I ended up just breaking the packet down into 11 different emails and sending it again on Friday to make sure I met the deadline and ease my mind a bit. Hopefully it doesn't confuse the receiver.

Thanks again for the help guys, I've been reading this board for a long time now and the advice here has been amazing. Ill be sure to keep you updated on my progress.

Thats awesome, im excited for you nightmare. Hope it all goes well and glad you finally pushed it through and didnt slack off and not do it. What mos are you now? How do you like it?

Thats awesome, im excited for you nightmare. Hope it all goes well and glad you finally pushed it through and didnt slack off and not do it. What mos are you now? How do you like it?

I'm a 19K Abrams Tanker. E-5 gunner. I'm already slotted for a Tank Commander spot if I don't get picked up for Warrant right now. I'll have to say that Abrams Tanks are awesome, probably the coolest job in the Army besides being a pilot in my eyes. Even after all these years I still get chill bumps when I fire that 120mm main gun.

They are a royal PITA though. The thing weighs 68 tons so every single thing on there is heavy as crap. Needless to say its not fun repairing broken track in the mud with hand tools. Overall its fun though I enjoy it.

I had to go for my dreams though. Flying was always my first passion ever since I knew what flying was. Every time I saw the Blackhawks and Apaches flying overhead I dreamed about it being me one day. My entire company knows how much I want to fly, they always gave me crap when they saw me running around with my folder trying to get this packet done with the little spare time I had. Guys I knew from my old company years ago would see me sometimes and be like "man you're not a pilot YET? Youve been working on that packet for years".

So I'm really excited and anxious right now. Everyone at work keeps telling me to keep them informed and let them know if I get picked up or not. I always just laugh and say oh TRUST me if I get selected the whole Battalion will hear me haha.

Yeah the one on the warrant site

the website is there at your expense if your already in a branch. us civilians have to do a bunch of different stuff that isnt listed on the warrant website

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

As of today 30 July 2012 my packet has been received by the recruiters and currently sits on the "R" status. I guess they figured out my multiple emails after all.

I'll be sure to keep you guys updated on my packet status and of course if I get selected of not.

Does anyone happen to know how long the packets take to get reviewed by the recruiters? Thanks