Class 1A Approval Evidence

Did anyone have any objective evidence in their WOFT packet confirming the Rucker approval of your fligth physical?

I asked my recruiter and got the "its not on the checklist" line. I would think the board would like to see the ol' rubber stamp of approval.

For the battalion board interview, you do not need the flight physical completed. For the USAREC board you have to have your flight physical stamped approved by Ft Rucker. After Ft Rucker approves your flight physical, they will scan it in and either send it to your recruiter, or send it straight to battalion.

My physical has been complete and approved by Rucker for several weeks now. I just haven't seen anything in my packet to confirm it, and the recruiter's response was not what I was hoping to hear.

Show him the checklist that specifically shows the Class 1A flight physical on it. It is probably a communication issue, the USAREC board does not review your flight physical, a secretary or someone along the lines just checks to make sure its there and approved. It is a supporting document, you still need it though!

I talked to my recruiter a little bit ago. He said the doc at Ft. Hood has basically been sitting on this form and the nurse that my recruiter has been trying to get in touch with quit, which is why she hasn't called back. Hopefully this can all get sorted out by Tuesday.

Yes that is the forum I was referring to (I should have posted it, was in a little bit of a rush)

I talked to my recruiter a little bit ago. He said the doc at Ft. Hood has basically been sitting on this form and the nurse that my recruiter has been trying to get in touch with quit, which is why she hasn't called back. Hopefully this can all get sorted out by Tuesday.

I believe this happens quite often, good thing you got it cleared up.

yeah, not quite cleared though. He still needs to submit it. The nurse is supposed to bug him about it today.

What do you all think about this. I know my recruiter has talked to the nurse and the contact at Rucker and he said that he is supposed to be notified when the doc submits the form. If i don't hear anything from him this afternoon, is there anything wrong with calling the nurse myself. I don't want the recruiter thinking that I am side-stepping him, but we are also running out of time and going into a holiday weekend.

I have always viewed it as its my career, I need to do what's necessary. Obviously, you need to be political in this approach from time to time because others are there to help and you don't want to offend them, but in the end its your career and not the recruiters that gets screwed.

Personally, I would call her today. She may not be in tomorrow, making a 4 day weekend.

So everything got sent to Rucker yesterday. Talked to the liason at Rucker this morning and he said that my physical is showing as incomplete and no one is around today because of the holiday weekend.

He said check back in Tuesday morning and he will get some details. Hopefully (although i doubt it) it can get approved before the end of the day so my recruiter can get everything in by the end of the day.

Wait and see.

I would like to know the same thing. Although I don't think there is a cutoff for the civilian side. I have heard of civilian applicants submitting their packet a day or two before the USAREC board is held and got boarded. Therefore if you get your packet submitted to USAREC with no errors it will be boarded as soon as possible. There is less civilian applicants than military applicants, that's probably why the process is more strict for military personal.

My recruiter said the cutoff is the 4th but the liason at the recruiting battalion office thinks they might be able to get an extension if i can get it squared away today or tomorrow.

I talked to the liason at Rucker and hopefully he now has everything to give the docs and they can get it approved today.

• 1 month later...

My packet has been submitted but i am still trying to confirm if my flight physical got cleared.

Did you have any problems including your flight physical into your packet after the cutoff? The cutoff is the 26th for the next board, but I'm scheduled for the physical on the 29th...

Zion, there were some things that took some extra time to get cleared up. I was surprised that it all got worked out in time for the board.

Are you saying the cutoff for the next battalion board or next USAREC board? As far as i understand, the flight physical is not a required element for the battalion board, just USAREC.

If your flight physical is scheduled for October 29 there is no way you are going to make the November USAREC board unless you are very very lucky. After your flight physical is complete it has to be sent to Ft Rucker, Alabama to be stamped approved. This may take a few days up to a few months. It all depends on if you need a waiver or there is missing information in your flight physical etc. I wouldn't get your hopes up about making the November board if you haven't even completed your flight physical yet.