MD

Flying Pig

I just shake my head anymore at MD. We've had one helicopter down for a year waiting on a new rotor mast because they have NONE available. We just put a new skid leg on another helicopter. The new leg doesnt come with a front step, and MD doesnt provide a repair to put the old step on the new skid, nor do they provide a new step for the new skid. Good Grief........

• Like 2

I just shake my head anymore at MD. We've had one helicopter down for a year waiting on a new rotor mast because they have NONE available. We just put a new skid leg on another helicopter. The new leg doesnt come with a front step, and MD doesnt provide a repair to put the old step on the new skid, nor do they provide a new step for the new skid. Good Grief........

Surprised, since I hear about a lot of positive improvements over the years there. Just curious, what model MD? 600N?

The decline of 500 is sad. A great product being neglected by the greed of corporate and its head honcho LT. If I came across a few billion, I’d buy the type certificate and re-invent the machine just as Erickson did with the air-crane.

No, but they sure are popular with LE.

That’s because they know how to market to non-aviation decision makers. Plus, the LE community operates in a vacuum so what is appropriate for the commercial sector is usually ignored by the para-public sector.

Edited by Spike
  • Like 1

The decline of 500 is sad. A great product being neglected by the greed of corporate and its head honcho LT. If I came across a few billion, I’d buy the type certificate and re-invent the machine just as Erickson did with the air-crane.

That’s because they know how to market to non-aviation decision makers. Plus, the LE community operates in a vacuum so what is appropriate for the commercial sector is usually ignored by the para-public sector.

You mean a mission that a civilian operator would perform with a 1969 H model, a government agency would need.....oh....a fleet of 10 AW139's? :D

Edited by Flying Pig
  • Like 1