Active Duty Applicants

• 3 months later...

I'm an active duty Marine trying to submit a package but have been running into obstacles the entire time. So far I have my 368 form approved by HQMC but I still need to schedule the SIFT and flight physical. I've been working with the local Army recruiters but they don't seem very familiar with the process. My options are limited since I'm currently stationed on Oahu in Hawaii. Most of the offices I talked to knew absolutely nothing about the program and were not even willing to help. The recruiters I have now are trying to make me go to MEPS for processing just like a new recruit before they'll even work with me in scheduling anything (which doesn't seem to make sense to me). Did anyone else have to deal with this? I want to just try and schedule everything myself and get this thing moving because my 368 is only valid for one year and it took 4 months just to get it approved. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to Okinawa in May and i want to try and finish the process up over there and get on a board ASAP.

If I were you, I would get on the phone with Schofield Barracks, schedule your sift and your flight physical. Call the education center for the SIFT and the medical places until you get a number for flight med. The Ed office will want a '4187' for the SIFT test, tell them your a jarhead and see what they say about getting the correct forms so they can schedule it.