SB47 GT-6 anyone got or seen pictures ?

Rogue

As a huge Bell 47 fan I was glad to hear the news of the new GT-6 from SB47.

I don't believe I've seen the first picture yet ? Was there a floor model at the Expo ?

I'm mainly interested in seeing the all new instrument panel and modern interior.

I still remember the first 47 I rode in it was a G model but they had a field mod and laid the instrument console down instead of having it stand up. I didn't think it was possible to improve on the great view out of a 47 but that one took the cake !!!

As a huge Bell 47 fan I was glad to hear the news of the new GT-6 from SB47.

I don't believe I've seen the first picture yet ? Was there a floor model at the Expo ?

I'm mainly interested in seeing the all new instrument panel and modern interior.

I still remember the first 47 I rode in it was a G model but they had a field mod and laid the instrument console down instead of having it stand up. I didn't think it was possible to improve on the great view out of a 47 but that one took the cake !!!

The only ship they had on the floor of the expo was an older turbine with an old C-18 in it. The RR300 will be a nice addition, not just the HP, but the weight and fuel economy!

The only ship they had on the floor of the expo was an older turbine with an old C-18 in it. The RR300 will be a nice addition, not just the HP, but the weight and fuel economy!

And for around $800k for a brand new machine it should give the R66 and 480B some competition...

The idiot skeptics...sorry, idiot savants over on the "bad" JH board had very negative things to say about the turbine 47 - something along the lines of, "They won't sell any of 'em." What they fail to realize is that not everyone is a private-owner struggling to get financing.

Then Scott's issued a press release saying that the first *YEAR* of production is sold out. Even if the initial production rate is only two per month (24 per year), it's impressive and they can make money on the things.

The news does not surprise me in the least. There is still something of a market for the 47, not only here in the U.S. but especially overseas. Face it, the 47 is a tank compared to an R-44 or -66. Lots of things it can do that don't require four seats. And the turbine will be welcome despite the higher cost, considering that avgas is getting scarce worldwide.

So for what it's worth, I think Scott's can pull it off. You might not see brand-new GT-6's hopping rides at your local county fair anytime soon, but I'll betcha they'll be earning a living all over the world, doing the things that a 47 does best.

• Like 3

I seen in Vertical Daily News that Scott sold another one !

I would love to fly a turbine powered 47 that would be awesome !

Hiya Bob ! I met you when Roger and I came over to Chris's hangar to steal a starter motor off his D1 ! I see you are not doing the manufacture home job anymore.

• Like 1

Looks like two more GT-6 have been sold. It also said in the article that the new dashboard setup will be available for retrofit, I'm drooling over what it looks like....