500 woft seats closed?

Just got a email from my recruiter saying he had an update for me that they have closed 500 woft seats and it will be near impossible to get in. I learned to take the recruiters with a grain of salt at times.

That being said, I am here to see if anyone has heard anything like this and check its validity?

That makes sense he really wants me to go the OCS route I think because there are fewer steps (SIFT and Flight Physical) needed before boarding. But either way I would want those done before I left for OCS to be absolutely sure I was mildly competitive for Aviation Branching.

That makes sense he really wants me to go the OCS route I think because there are fewer steps (SIFT and Flight Physical) needed before boarding. But either way I would want those done before I left for OCS to be absolutely sure I was mildly competitive for Aviation Branching.

It is infinitely more difficult to be branched AV at OCS than it is to be picked up for WOFT as a civilian. They just don't have the slots. 1 per OCS class, if that. Check out ArmyOCS.com if you are interested in that route. It's not impossible, but it most certainly is in no way easier.

Just got a email from my recruiter saying he had an update for me that they have closed 500 woft seats and it will be near impossible to get in. I learned to take the recruiters with a grain of salt at times.

That being said, I am here to see if anyone has heard anything like this and check its validity?

looks like he was right.... check it out

http://www.dothaneagle.com/news/article_d40324dc-ade0-11e2-a31b-0019bb30f31a.html

Some of ya'll need to do more research on this site. I can understand if the issue was 6 months old, but all the new discussions are visible within the first page. Please refer to "Army halts transfer to aviation branch"

Same topic... With better explanation of what's going on at Rucker + some of the guys have already put their 2cents on the article to give better clarification.

• Like 2