Guard Pilots

I guess my reply didn't post so I will try again.

Thanks again for the information on the AZ and FL units. I personally can't see why FL would be hurting for pilots with it being a sunny state and a great place to fly, but that's just me questioning who wouldn't want to fly in FL.

As for the packet, I guess my reasoning for not already figuring out this information is A) I do not have my 4 year degree yet B)I broke a bone in my foot last year while on Active Duty that is on my record and C)my vision which is 20/400 but correctable to 20/20, however I have yet to have any type of surgery done to correct it.

I guess my reply didn't post so I will try again.

Thanks again for the information on the AZ and FL units. I personally can't see why FL would be hurting for pilots with it being a sunny state and a great place to fly, but that's just me questioning who wouldn't want to fly in FL.

Ok, No one is hurting for pilots, period...

You keep using this term "hurting" as if the units are begging to have young applicable candidates show up on their doorsteps. You are not doing any flight unit any favors by going to flight school, please, please remember that. No one is going to throw the opportunity to go to flight school at you. You aren't going to graduate from flight school and show up to a unit and have everyone thank you for showing up. OK, I think you gt what I mean by this.

The CW3 promotion rate this year was in the low 50's. People, are getting FORCED out of active duty and trying to get picked up for the guard.

You are going to have to do research, meet flight facility commanders and company commanders in person to find really get a good idea of who has open positions.

The War is over, it's going to get harder and harder to get a slot man. As far as your former surgery is concerned, Are you on a duty profile? When do plan on getting your surgery? I can't speak from experience but I'm pretty sure no NG unit will except you until you are a fully qualified candidate. Get yourself fully qualified ASAP, I feel like you are putting the cart before the horse a little bit trying to find a slot that you are not qualified to fill.

Your priority should be,

Vision, Getting a release from the airforce, Find a NG Position and getting into the NG, Packet w/ Waivers if needed. Board.

• Like 1

How difficult is it to get an age waiver (if you're age 33/34) for the Army Guard, if you're already in the unit? Has anyone seen mid to late 30's folks get waivers?

Had a MS Guard student who was 40. This was about 7 yrs ago though and during a time when everyone was getting selected. Had a few AD students around 35 as well. These days they're a little more discriminating on the age issue. Still, I imagine if one had a solid packet, they could look past the age waiver.

If it's just the age waiver and the rest is solid, shouldn't be too big of a hurdle if any at all. The average age of national guard seems to be higher to begin with so I'd think it's pretty common. And 33 34 isn't all that high over the limit anyways.