Logging passenger time

Anybody can log anything they want. It wouldnt count for anything other than to show documented exposure to being in a helicopter and what you were doing. On your application you could write, "I have 300 documented hours flying on helicopters counting mountain goats." But it won't actually "count" for anything in a legal sense.

Edited by Flying Pig

Does the pilot have an instructor certificate? Will the company allow you two to fly with duals installed? If so and everyone is ok with it, you can get some stick time flying straight and level while going to the job or back to the base. I had a student who was flight medic. The pilot let him fly from time to time and he had about 20hrs dual in a BK177(I believe)before his private. The company put an end to that though. It didn't help him get ratings any sooner but it helps a little towards total time. Plus it's just cool, especially compared to our r22's.

I had a DEA agent who flew with me all the time. When he transferred, I wrote a letter on Dept letterhead stating that over the past 4 years he had flown as my observer for over 500 hours. I had my unit commander also write a letter saying basically the same thing. He didn't have any aviation career aspirations but can't hurt to have it documented. A never know when it may set you apart from the crowd.

A logbook is a diary in a real sense. In fact a diary, or any other written record would suffice for a logbook. Those new to the field of aviation will soon find that the only flight time that has any real worth in the long run is PIC time.

But one day you might like to pick up your logbook and reminisce, or to document your resume.

Yes yes they are...thats why they say such mean things to rookies, so they can keep all the good money to themselves......but I am not falling for it! When I get done being a CFI, I will grow up to be a rich helicopter pilot,

*ignores the snickering from the elder pilots*,

Then when thats done, its off to becoming a rock star!!!! Priorities first though!! :D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...