Heading for Torrance

I'll be leaving for the Robinson factory Sunday afternoon for the safety course. Got my car and hotel room across the street. What I'm looking forward to most is an auto to the ground in a 22. Also, I'll be able to carry a passenger after I complete the course. Should be an interesting week.

• Like 1

Low g recovery ending with a full down to Long Beach container yard was a blast! Enjoy every minute of it. Your instructor will handle the radio calls for you.

Bring paper and pens with you! You will be given a ton of info, especially on the maintenance side of things that you were probably never shown in your training.

I hope you get to do a couple of full downs, but that depends on whether you draw a factory ship or a new ship. Factory ship then yeah probably a couple of full downs. The low G recovery is only simulated - (instructor rolls to the right then a practice recovery by coming aft cyclic before correcting the roll). All in all a fun time. Enjoy!

PS...if you get a chance, go fly after hours with Simon. It will be well worth your money. Advanced Flight is the name of his company. Very knowledgeable and informative. He is usually booked so call ahead.

This was a high time pilot who flew better than anyone I'd ever been with before or since. This maneuver may not be shown anymore, but this instructor was shown this by T-Dog himself. It made me realize that your first instinct to put it left cyclic was not the answer, but aft cyclic to reload. Maybe this is not done due to liability reasons, but I know I'm a better pilot for having been shown what to do just in case.....