Off Post Neighborhoods/Areas

I'm pretty sure there's not a wait right now. There is 1 house on my street that's been empty for a few months and 5 more that are currently empty plus mine will be in a week or so. And that's just my street.

I live in Bowden. The houses are pretty nice, and the civilians that work at the neighborhood center are great. PT formation is 400 yards from the house, so you can walk in the mornings. They're about to complete a brand new commisary right around the corner. I've lived on post on 3 bases, and Rucker has been the best. I honestly have no complaints. I doubt there's going to be a wait time either.

I definitely recommend making the trip, my fiancee' and I took about 5 days to drive out there from Texas and had a great time. We stayed at Lake Tholloco Lodging for a little less than $100 / night, had our own cabin right on the lake complete with full bathroom, living room, kitchen, and two bedrooms! Great place! Only problem was it took almost ten minutes to get off post cause it's so far back in the woods. Of course our purpose was to go check out off-post housing for our first house, so maybe we were a little too excited haha. Also, the cabins are right underneath what I assume must be an Apache flight corridor or something cause they were always flying over, pretty cool (of course Emily wasn't a huge fan of waking up at 3 in the morning to find the whole cabin shaking when one flew over haha).

• Like 1