Officers for Batt. Board Kaiserslautern

Is there any possibility of locating officers who would be available for a Battalion Board before Christmas at Kaiserslautern Army Base or whichever base is near there? I have all my recruiters contact details if you or someone you know would be willing and available.

We had one planned and unfortunately it didn't come together so we're attempting to get another one going. I don't exactly know how the process works but I think he can find any three random officers and put together a panel?

Hate to push it before Christmas but I have to head back to the states sooner rather than later. I'd like to do anything I can to help my recruiter out and get this done.

Thanks.

In the States, the officers are from the recruiting battalions. I'm not sure how it works overseas with the recruiting centers falling under battalions over there or not. Where is your recruiter's command staff located and such? Maybe they allow any three random officers since you're overseas. The WO briefing on the 14th is for AD and not civilians, so you may not find it too helpful as they don't need battalion boards for their applications.

Kaiserslautern Recruiting Center
Bldg. 2915, Pulaski Barracks
Kaiserslautern, GE

The way he was making it sound was that he was just calling whichever officers he knew to get the panel going - - apparently the process is pretty informal. According to him the difficult part is "finding officers to take a break from their normal schedule" to do this. My understanding is leniency in selection of panel personnel.

Instead of letting him try to "find officers to take a break from their normal schedule" to do this, find out who his commander is (Lt Col) and kindly ask him/her to "assign" three officers to do this. You've been tugged around enough as it is. Check out UR 601-91 (http://www.usarec.army.mil/im/formpub/REC_PUBS/R601_91.pdf) for its description of battalion board interviews and see how they might implement this overseas. It's probably all falling on him since recruiting staffing is smaller overseas, but I'm thinking his commander will be able to make a board happen for you much quicker than he will.

• Like 1