LOR Ft Campbell Area

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:02 PM, Josh412 said:

Looking for a LOR stationed at FT Campbell. I'm currently in the process of putting my packet together. Need my BC to sign my LOR then just flight physical, SIFT, and DA photo which I'm scheduling this Friday. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

FWIW,

The CW5 that did my LOR here at Bragg said most of the time the packet should be 90-99% complete by time they see it. If there isn't a response here though, I was told back in the day just to start knocking on hangers. Good luck!

Go talk to the warrant recruiter for advice in the SF building. If they can’t help go to 160th. I don’t recommend asking for the LOR until it’s literally the last thing you have left to do (unless your CSM is giving you grief about not having it before he signs the checklist) and you’re packet has been fine combed multiple times by yourself and others. Especially since you’re asking someone you’ve never met to vouch for you based solely upon your packet. I am honestly very surprised you’ve done anything in the process yet before you’ve even passed the SIFT. SIFT should be the first thing you do, most posts won’t even initiate a flight physical until you pass it. 

Message me if you have questions, I was at Campbell when I put my packet in several years back. 

On 12/4/2019 at 4:02 PM, Josh412 said:

Looking for a LOR stationed at FT Campbell. I'm currently in the process of putting my packet together. Need my BC to sign my LOR then just flight physical, SIFT, and DA photo which I'm scheduling this Friday. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Finish the rest of your packet first before going to talk to a warrant officer about a letter. There’s no problem with going over to the hangar to ask some questions and get a feel for what the real world aviation life is like but don’t ask for a recommendation until you have everything else lined up. 

• Like 1

Everyone has touched on it, and I agree. Just a tip though;

I would recommend bringing a hard copy of your entire packet in a binder with sleeves, post-its for corrections/pending edits, ect. This little effort made impressions on everyone that helped me along the way. It shows that your absolutely ready to submit pending their recommendation, and also gives them the opportunity to overview your entire packet for corrections and getting an idea of your application.