Any current Warrant Officer Pilots that have successfully completed a full Interservice Transfer to become a Warrant Officer Aviator they have any advice for me as this has been a true dream of mine to accomplish and now I have the opportunity to do so. 

I have done my research, gone to the Army Warrant website, I have a two binders with all the documents along with there website example of what needs to be done before submission, spoken to a number of CW4's and CW'5 Aviators willing to interview me for possible LOR's, but thats all on stand-by due to me needing to study and complete the SIFT test which is scheduled in March. I don= not think I can do much more with my packet until I get that SIFT score. Physical will be done at Fort Bragg, I will not need any waivers and I can take my APFT/ACFT whenever I want. this is time sensitive and I really want to get this on my first try and ensure that my packet is solid when it goes to the board. 

Well sounds like you have a solid plan and are getting your ducks in a row. Do you have the coveted DD-368 yet?  If not that should be priority number 1 as the strongest packet in the world won’t do you any good if the board can’t see it. Feel free to dm me any specific questions. I did my ist less than a year ago

Great point! I thought I should leave that on the back burner also until I got my SIFT complete but if im catching what your telling me its get that done ASAP, so I will. If you have any examples of what needs to be done i.e. the resume and other portions of the packet to let me get a better idea of whats needed or just any other advice I would greatly appreciate it. Also, I have heard different things on the topic of ARNG inter-service transfer being harder then going just active Army (reserve in the packet)? Any idea if there is truth behind that?

So truthfully no recruiter should (or will) talk to you until the 368 is in hand. Mine took about 4 months to get signed and returned to me, and I had to make a lot of phone calls at every level to keep it moving. Keep in mind that per MCO the USMC will not approve a 368 to release you from your initial contract, not sure if this affects you or not but if you’re only on your first enlistment and you still have time left you will have to wait. 

I cannot speak to national guard because I went active. Mine was also a very special case because my recruiter screwed up and put me in the system wrong. So some of my paperwork did not match what most here submitted and my path into and through flight school has been non traditional to say the least. But the resume should be self explanatory, show what you have done and make your responsibilities shine. A strong essay and good LOR’s will be extremely important.

my biggest piece of advice is be extremely patient, everything moves slow but if you stick with it and make a strong packet you will have a good chance

Edited by jkray

I currently work for the WOSM in my State and we absolutely will work with members of another service before they have a 368, though at a point it does come up. Reserve to Guard 368s aren't impossible to get, getting released from Active Duty, especially to go Guard, is typically expected to be harder unless you are nearing the end of your contract or you have an unusually supportive command. 

As far as the process for Guard, every state handles it in house, and often there are slight differences. You would just need to reach out to the WOSM of whatever state you are interested in applying to in order to build a packet. 

I have already reached out and spoken to the CW3 recruiter in California and have a direct line of contact with him. We have been in touch and he has been working with me also. I have been serving active duty in the Marines for 10 years. I am an 0352 (Infantry Anti-Tank Missileman) so this is actually my 3rd contract that is nearing its end, on the Warrant Officer recruiting website it specifically states you need to have "at least 12 month of service left in your contract when applying" which I have 18 months left, and I have spoken to my leadership and my CO, they have said they will back me in anything I will need to pursue this change in my career.

Side note: Mike I am originally from CT, hows the weather up there? 

On the guard side you don’t need any time left on your contract to apply. At a certain point, ie for WOCS you do, but ultimately the State board is free to decide who they want regardless of how they do it so long as the applicant meets a handful of administrative minimums. 

It is winter in New England up here. So 68 today, the teens a couple days ago. MA and CT are both looking for qualified applicants for what it’s worth. Pendleton still having perfect weather everyday? 

Lol Pendleton always has perfect weather, i was there two years ago for 8 years, been over here in good old North Carolina for the last two years. Surprisingly warm. I would entertain the Mass one but never want to go back to CT. Deep inside we (as in my wife and 3 kids) want to go back to California, I spoke with the recruiter form ARNG last night CW2 Dieu and pretty much clarified a ton of questions I had for him. Appreciate all the help you all have provided.