Guest Jesslee

I have a few questions.  My son has been working on his packet since Feb.   His recruiter didn’t get his ClassA scheduled until last month due to COVID.  He passed and Rucker has stamped it.   He has a decently competitive packet for a street to seat.   I have asked the past two weeks if his recruiter submitted his packet by the deadline.   The recruiter did not and is saying he has until 8/31 to submit it for the September board.   Do I need to have a word with the recruiter?  I’m going to be extremely ticked if his recruiter causes him to miss the September board.    

Advice and help please.   Thanks!

Here are his numbers

GT 126

Sift 62

APFT 270

LORs  retired CW5 aviator, 2 ANG CW4 aviators, retired Naval aviator who was his Sea Cadet Chief, Pator

No Waivers and approved and stamped physical

Tech School graduate

14 hours ago, Jesslee said:

I have a few questions.  My son has been working on his packet since Feb.   His recruiter didn’t get his ClassA scheduled until last month due to COVID.  He passed and Rucker has stamped it.   He has a decently competitive packet for a street to seat.   I have asked the past two weeks if his recruiter submitted his packet by the deadline.   The recruiter did not and is saying he has until 8/31 to submit it for the September board.   Do I need to have a word with the recruiter?  I’m going to be extremely ticked if his recruiter causes him to miss the September board.    

Here are his numbers

GT 126

Sift 62

APFT 270

LORs  retired CW5 aviator, 2 ANG CW4 aviators, retired Naval aviator who was his Sea Cadet Chief, Pator

No Waivers and approved and stamped physical

Tech School graduate

I'm not sure how different street to seat is, but for Active Duty, all packets were due by 17 July. The board convenes on 14 September so it seems a little weird to me that the packet deadline would be 31 August but hey, like I said, I'm Active Duty so take that with a grain of salt

On 7/25/2020 at 12:36 PM, Jesslee said:

That is actually about right. The civilian (street to seat) boards have different due dates compared on the USAREC website, which works the WO recruiting team that focuses on in-service candidates.

A majority of these posts are from the in-service board, which have strict deadlines and don’t apply to your son. 

Civ packets typically can be turned in by the rctg bn about 2 weeks before the board. A week before the board, they approve any waivers (if applicable). Then they are boarded and results typically are released to recruiters NLT the Friday of.  

What are my Chances?

GT : 111

SIFT : 50

APFT : 273

EDUCATION : 48 credits 3.7 GPA

PHYSICAL : Stamped

LOR : O-6, O-6, 0-5

WAIVERS : None

Aviation Experience :  5 years aviation mechanic military/ Civilian and 80 Hours of Flight time 

Good Luck to Everyone who is submitting during Covid. I hope we all get picked up. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2020 at 6:23 AM, Hamlit1332 said:

What forms are you talking about specifically? This is my first time hearing about this.

Checklist (updated 29 Jul 20)

Statement of understanding (31 Jul 20)

I'm assuming since its board ready the board wont really care what the forms look like, but you never know right?..

• 2 weeks later...

GT: 124

SIFT: 55

APFT: 271

EDUCATION: AAS Aviation Maintenance Technology, AAS Instructor of Military Science and Technology

PHYSICAL: Stamped/Approved

LOR: 0-5, 0-6, CW5

WAIVER: Moral/Approved

PROFFESSIONAL LICENSE: Private Pilot, Single Engine Land

Good luck everyone!

On 7/26/2020 at 10:09 PM, Frosty210 said:

What are my Chances?

GT : 111

SIFT : 50

APFT : 273

EDUCATION : 48 credits 3.7 GPA

PHYSICAL : Stamped

LOR : O-6, O-6, 0-5

WAIVERS : None

Aviation Experience :  5 years aviation mechanic military/ Civilian and 80 Hours of Flight time 

Good Luck to Everyone who is submitting during Covid. I hope we all get picked up. 

Frosty,

I believe the packet requires an LoR from a Senior Warrant in the career field.

7 hours ago, DOBBERS said:

GT: 124

SIFT: 55

APFT: 271

EDUCATION: AAS Aviation Maintenance Technology, AAS Instructor of Military Science and Technology

PHYSICAL: Stamped/Approved

LOR: 0-5, 0-6, CW5

WAIVER: Moral/Approved

PROFFESSIONAL LICENSE: Private Pilot, Single Engine Land

Good luck everyone!

Crazy stats, goodluck!

• Like 1